Thank You - Arbor Day Foundation

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I saw someone link this in one of their posts. I can't remember who posted it.

http://www.arborday.org/index.cfm

I went there today and I got a year membership and their free 10 years with membership to gift my neighbor and friends. Several people I know have bought new homes this year (crazy thought in this economy, but with all these foreclosures... sweet deals for us poor peoples!).

The membership they offered was wonderful, and I'm planning on gifting memberships for a few friends who I know would love to get involved. I could also order cards and books. Its an awesome foundation, I've planted with them before for girl scouts and in college.... so I think everyone should have a look and get involved if they can!

allabout

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I just checked out their site and it looks great! I'm looking at purchasing a membership and purchasing the "Grow your own tree activity kit" for my two young children. Thanks!!!!

ams3651

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I had posted in a little while ago not sure if thats when you saw it. I plan to order some trees and a membership soon, I need a windbreak and replace a tree I just had cut down. Its great to support them and you get trees as a bonus, awesome.

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I hope it all works out for you.

I received my ten free trees after joining, they came many months later and they were 6"-12" little twigs wrapped in dried out paper towels.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well I had a friend who got the trees and she planted them in pots for the first year and they got very strong that way so she could put them in her yard.

I'm planning on ordering larger one's from them for my yard as well. These won't even be shipped until the end of Feb, beginning of Mar. They ship 2x per year to each zone... they have a list of zone ship times. I'm still going to order a few larger one's for the yard now, and put the one's from joining in pots on my porch for a year or 2.

ams3651, I'm sure you may have been the one who posted it. It was in another thread and I couldn't find it again to see who it was. Couldn't remember what the original thread was about either?! Oh well... THANK YOU! :lol:

ams3651

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I now they are small and they ship them to you when its time to plant. What can I ask for that many trees for $10. I want them mostly to border my property and I will buy some larger trees as well that I want for closer to the house. Im out in a big open field here, had to cut down one of the trees in front of the house because it was diseased, my son was working for the tree guy and he offered to do it for free, cant beat that. My big chestnut that shades my driveway and half my house all summer has termites. I want to establish something behind it for hopefully a few years before I have to cut it down. Their prices for larger trees are very reasonable. Glad some found the link helpful.

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I LOVE arborday.org. Once you order they give you more bonuses for subsequent orders and they have trees for my zone for a lot less $$$ than the local nursery. Now if DH will stop hollering about my "blocking his view of the road" ...lol