Thank you Karenleaf!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I did these yesterday with my husband's old boots...

You inspired me Karen!

old_boots1.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Karen had some old shoes planted in another thread and I loved it! So I went and shoved some plants in some old boots we had sitting around. Its like they are useful again!!! :gig

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
You are very welcome And just wait after the plants take off and turns them into Blooming Boots :gig

I just took my Dad back his Blooming Boots yesterday, they were planted with red verbena, ivy and lobela I will take a pic of them on his porch :rainbow-sun

vfem Those will be great in another couple of weeks :celebrate I like the plant tucked in the side zipper area :thumbsup

:happy_flower Karan :D

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Go for it Purple they look great by the door, on the steps or just about anywhere. My Dh is an EMT/Firefighter and I work at the Sheriff's office So I have a source of boots plus all the horseloving friends we have :woot

After ya get them planted show us pics :thumbsup

Happpy Planting :watering

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
More photos y'all! Fireman boots how cute! Are those police boots in the photos? Very cute! I've seen cowboy boots done like this, and a cowboy boot turned into a bird house with an old licience plate bent into a roof shape on top. A simple hole was cut out of the leg part of the boot.

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
More photos y'all! Fireman boots how cute! Are those police boots in the photos? Very cute! I've seen cowboy boots done like this, and a cowboy boot turned into a bird house with an old licience plate bent into a roof shape on top. A simple hole was cut out of the leg part of the boot.
Fire Fighters and EMT's use the same type of boots. All Duty Gear :coolsun

I love the bird house Idea sounds so cool :thumbsup

Any Boot or shoe will do

My DH's old chore boots
5713_p1040271.jpg

And I have a family of shoes and boots planted up

I have been planting in boots for about 5 years

It's good for the sole :watering :lol: :gig :gig

Sorry it was there ;)

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey, aren't you suppose to wear out the shoe or boot first?

All of these look like perfectly normal shoes and those boots look like they could ride-out for another season or two.

I have boots that I have literally split across the soles and it takes an army to get me to stop wearing them. I bust through seams like my toes are trying to break free. I can warp the heel end until my spine sets wrong LOL.

I do think they look like great planters.

Ron

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Greensage45 said:
Hey, aren't you suppose to wear out the shoe or boot first?

All of these look like perfectly normal shoes and those boots look like they could ride-out for another season or two.

I have boots that I have literally split across the soles and it takes an army to get me to stop wearing them. I bust through seams like my toes are trying to break free. I can warp the heel end until my spine sets wrong LOL.

I do think they look like great planters.

Ron
Actuall the chore boots are split across the soles and the black shoes came unglued at one of the heels I tried to reglue it but never stayed long. :tongue So Planters are their secound life :throw

Latest posts