Thanks

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wanted to thank you all for your kind words and condolences on the passing of my mom and dad.
Though we've never met I count you all as friends, and am grateful for the comfort extended through this garden forum.
You all are a compassionate and thoughtful group. :hugs

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
And thank you for just being YOU. :happy_flower You are special to so many of us and TEG wouldn't be the same without you. We're here for you! :hugs

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
And since we know that Mary is around here and can defend her husband, if she wants to:

Imaginary friends? I don't think so.

My mother, who was a wealth of wisdom, always said, "You don't really know someone until you live with them." She always looked at Dad when she said that . . . Even after 60 years of marriage, she looked at Dad.

So, communication is always filtered through a lens. You bring a rainbow of personality to TEG, Thistlebloom.

4989_bunco.jpg

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Even though we have never met, we have become friends. We are gathered here by the threads of gardening, then our own personalities grow and bloom here as well. We share in joys and sorrows. We post pictures of our successes and failures. We congratulate and commiserate with each other. For all your friends and aquaintances, who really understands your passions for all things that grow like we do? :hugs

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, I won't defend my husband or kids. They just don't get it how I can care about someone I've never met. I try to tell them that I've known you guys for 3 years, have seen pictures of your places, and heard about your life so that makes us friends. Their response is to be careful of who you know over the internet and not to give out my address, etc. Well I figured with all the information out there people can find you if they really want to.

To me you are not my imaginary friends, you're my real ones.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I'll defend your husband then, Mary.

You need to be careful about an address/phone number.

We can see how some people will exploit the internet for selfish and sometimes criminal reasons. Even TEG has spammers - and who else?

Or, is that "whom else?" Whosits?

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kristi, My husband finally understands who I am talking about these days. I have several new friends from on-line forums and blogs. Baymule said it well. We are all kindred spirits. Sharing ideas, information, jokes, congratulations and sympathy. Always a shoulder and listening ear when it is needed. Hugs....

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Up here in the woods, I communicate more with you all than anyone. You are my friends.

walllll, my kids, er, cats more. As I sit here with my feet on the desk, Clevland's washing his face on the windowsill, Peeper's snoozing on the couch

Latest posts