Thanks

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thistle, i agree - this is an exceptional and compassionate group, more so than most other forums, i would say.

I will admit, i'm a more trusting person, and more open, than maybe i should be. I dont know, perhaps it has something to do with my age...growing up with the internet. I was on chat rooms in the early 90s, and even safely (in the company of my roomate and in public places) met some of my internet friends in person. I dont advertise my address or phone number, but i do consider it public knowledge, since that's something that anyone who has my whole name could look up in a phone book or online. It's a unique way to friendship - online. You're getting to know someone's thoughts and feelings and personality without any of the hang ups that can come from meeting someone face to face. We dont usually know what others here are wearing, or what color their skin or hair are, or what kind of car they drive... Also - think about the state of mind when you come to chat online. Probably have a few extra minutes, somewhat relaxed, not worried about what the other people you're talking to are going to think about what YOU'RE wearing... So, would you think that might mean you have a more open state of mind? More ready to take in new ideas? On some forums i'm sure all those factors allow people to be anonymous jerks. But here on TEG we have the best of both worlds - we're a small community that expects RESPECT and will hold others to that standard, as well as being somewhat hidden - being able to chat in our flannel pajamas and ratty bunny slippers (no that is not what i'm wearing right now! :lol:)

Boy, i'm really rambling tonight!! Oh - just thought of another huge advantage to online friends and chatting - ya'll can ignore me, not even read my blah blah blah, and i wont even know! Imagine if we were sitting face to face, your eyes would be rolling into the back of your head by now, and i'd be pissed because my friend wasnt listening to all my deepest darkest thoughts and feelings. :gig

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Heather, lots of times I actually am sitting here in my jammies ( but they're new ones from Costco- and so cozy!) ( oh, and only at night, I don't hang out in my pj's in the daylight) but I read every scintillating word you post!

and now you all know more about me than you wanted to. unless you aren't reading this....but, then, I'll never know will I?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just reminded me...

Whatever happened to my Mallard Duck slippers??? Did I accidentally leave them in Montana?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Internet friends are somewhat a foreign idea for me- being that I am an old lady! I used to ask my daughter, "how can they be your friend, if you've never met them?" Now, that I am on this site I totally understand what she means! You folks often come up in conversation- and I sure do consider you friends. Whenever hubby and I are discussing a puzzling issue in the garden, we always say- I will ask my friends on TEG! This really is a wonderful community, and I am sure happy I found you all. Oh, I am in my robe right now!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Internet friends, being a proper sheltered young (ok old :() lady, I am aways properly dressed. Thank you very much. :lol:

Mary

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
Internet friends, being a proper sheltered young (ok old :() lady, I am aways properly dressed. Thank you very much. :lol:

Mary
Oh, another good (or bad) thing about the internet - you can tell as many fibs as you want to, and mostly wont get caught! :lol: just teasing ya Mary! :lol:

P.S. i dont think i've ever been called SCINTILLATING before!! :hu :lol:

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
NwMtGardener, I'm so properly dressed while on the computer that I always have lipstick on! :lol:

Mary
:yuckyuck :lol: that is awesome! And i believe you too! I just dug my lipstick out last saturday night - work Christmas party - the ONCE a year when i wear a dress and put on makeup! :lol:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
NwMtGardener said:
ninnymary said:
NwMtGardener, I'm so properly dressed while on the computer that I always have lipstick on! :lol:

Mary
:yuckyuck :lol: that is awesome! And i believe you too! I just dug my lipstick out last saturday night - work Christmas party - the ONCE a year when i wear a dress and put on makeup! :lol:
Okay Mary, I forgot to mention that in the instances when I do happen to be online in my jammies I always have lipstick on!
And pearls of course, but you already knew that.

Latest posts