That's too dang hot

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
hoodat, like your story of the tree thats amazing. but I don"t think I would like to live in the 80s in December. I look foreward to our four very unpredictable seasons, even though they seem to mess with our plans most of the time. Right now it has warmed up to the mid 30s here, that means any exposed ground here is mud YUCK! maybe the 80s wouldn"t be so bad after all!!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Collector said:
hoodat, like your story of the tree thats amazing. but I don"t think I would like to live in the 80s in December. I look foreward to our four very unpredictable seasons, even though they seem to mess with our plans most of the time. Right now it has warmed up to the mid 30s here, that means any exposed ground here is mud YUCK! maybe the 80s wouldn"t be so bad after all!!
There are times when I miss having four seasons also. Especially Fall. That is my favorite time of year. The only real seasons we have here are the wet and dry seasons.

HLAC

Leafing Out
Reaction score
The furnace is struggling to keep the inside of house 63 degrees.

The wind is rough on this old farmhouse.

Makes seed starting a bit of a challenge for those plants needing warm temps.

Ariel301

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I wish we had those warm temperatures here! We had an unusual cold spell for about a month in November, all my winter plants froze to death even under covers. Normally we have tomatoes until late December, and broccoli until the heat of spring kills it. And now that it's too late to get anything new in the ground, it warmed back up to normal temperatures.

jasn.kennedy

Sprout
Reaction score
The good news is that although they are still demanding that temporary abnormal, they did not think it is a Santa Ana. This is almost no humidity, not to mention the killer Santa Annas than temperature.