The 80s Are Making A Come Back

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those styles and colors were ugly then and they are still ugly today, no matter whose fresh eyes are looking at them.

I was a teen in the 80s but I preferred the 70s, so I stayed there instead...was wearing hip hugger bell bottoms when others were wearing peg leg jeans. Listening to 70s rock and country while others were listening to Micheal Jackson screaming about beating it and doing some kind of zombie dance while grabbing his crotch.

The only good music out of the 80s was Hall and Oates, who were good in any era, Hewey Lewis and the News, and Prince. Oh, and some of the country in the early 80s. That's about it. A few good movies then too, but not many.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bee you surprised me. You are a lot younger than I thought, I guess it shows you can't assume anything. By peg legs do you mean pedal-pushers, capris, or whatever they will call them when they make their next round of being fashionable?

I gave up on pop music in the 70's. Although I like some individual songs Disco just did not cut it for me as a genre but I did not care that much for most other songs from that time period or since. I enjoy a few individual songs from about any era, but I really prefer listening to songs from the late 50's and 60's. My preferred dance music is from the 60's probably because that is when I learned to dance.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You know what's good about the 80's? They are over!! :thI did like the music, but womens clothing styles were deplorable. I had my first child in 1980, the 2nd in 85, and the 3rd in 87. Phew. Glad that's done with.:thumbsup
I was a Navy wife from 1978 to 1993, so that was the good times for me.

As far as decorating?...it was whatever I could find at the Thrift Store.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You know what's good about the 80's? They are over!! :thI did like the music, but womens clothing styles were deplorable. I had my first child in 1980, the 2nd in 85, and the 3rd in 87. Phew. Glad that's done with.:thumbsup
I was a Navy wife from 1978 to 1993, so that was the good times for me.

As far as decorating?...it was whatever I could find at the Thrift Store.

Don't forget garage sales ;).

Annette

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I wish. Garage sales required time spent driving around towns looking for addresses. I DID though, find the first car seat at one up in the rich areas of Leawood KS yard sales.

Latest posts