The 80s Are Making A Come Back

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday, I was standing with a Millennial looking at a building nearing completion.

He said that the siding that they have put on some of it looks "too 70's." Then, he looked at me ...

I said that I was ok with that but the eclectic mix would probably make it seem dated real soon. We agreed and let it go at that ;).

The 1980's had something unique about them? I was kinda busy to notice ... Just thinking the other day that 1990 must seem like long ago to some people ...

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it was a time wasn't it! my deco is bookshelves, i like bright primary colors on some of the furniture and a little art here or there.

i believe the phrase would be clutter nuveau or something like that. :)

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My kids were born in the 80's, my style was toddlers, toys and used furniture because I couldn't afford new. The idea of décor at that time is laughable.

My kids were born in the 50's, it was the same for me. Once they were out on their own things improved but it was a slow go. My style is shabby not so chic :).

Annette

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I get a kick out of someone saying they are going to update a room or something like that. To me all they are doing is dating it again. Leave it alone, it will come back in style. I know I look at things differently.

Isn't it interesting how music usually makes its way into these conversations about defining a time. I still have a very soft spot for pre-Beetles pop songs and groups.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are ahead of me as I don’t understand 90% of fashion trends.

MatthewsHomestead

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
those are some scary looking rooms..... somebody was having a bad acid trip
I don't decorate according to all of this. Truly beautiful dated furniture is from the 17 and 18 100s. Thick ornately carved mahogany bed posts. Paired with country rustic and shabby chic...... Done right makes for a timeless design that never goes out of style.

Just my opinion. Lol

Latest posts