The Avant-Garde'n Vegetables

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
What would you like to grow that isn't so common? What about pleasing others?

My diet must be very ho-hum to some folks. It is nearly devoid of fast-food, however. That is probably one reason I like to keep it simple – easy preparation ;).

Gardening. The diversity of greens over the years has been at the forefront. Seasonings, such as the varieties of basil, might stand out to some. And, then there are DW's tastes. And, compromises – like growing lemongrass. We had noodles over the weekend; the kind that just had to have lemongrass :). I just bet that she was inspired by my spaghetti, the day before. Do you like to show up in the kitchen with something special from the garden?

Steve

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Management is writing to let you know that your question has been received and is awaiting further processing when the Workers have Woken Up enough to figure out what is being asked and can then Transmit that Knowing to the Management. Yours-n-Truely... TM[tm]...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha!

I wish that I could convince FlowerBug to expand his emphasis on growing tomatoes to having an 8 variety team. Okay, that ain't much and doesn't even compare well to the *depth of the bench* I once recruited when there were 60 plant tomato patches (jungles!) in my garden, year after year.

Size, color, timing, flavor, use ... Winter Inspiration

Screenshot_20240311_070511_Chrome.jpg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I am growing NEW (to me) this year, the following:

and

New Zealand Spinach​

Can't remember WHO I ordered this from. It's supposed to not bolt when it's hot AND it vines.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Management is ASHAMED TO ADMIT the Employees have not returned to work and there are no Employees left to go find the others... TM is able to predict running out of funds for their own salaries fairly soon. We Are Sorry for this Inconvenience. Please enjoy a fresh Tomato...

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Management is ASHAMED TO ADMIT the Employees have not returned to work and there are no Employees left to go find the others... TM is able to predict running out of funds for their own salaries fairly soon. We Are Sorry for this Inconvenience. Please enjoy a fresh Tomato...
Perhaps the Employees are revolting, because the Food served by Management is revolting. The Employees will return when the Food stops returning.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Perhaps the Employees are revolting, because the Food served by Management is revolting. The Employees will return when the Food stops returning.

TM has always said the flogging will continue until morale improves.

This Employee finally woke up after napping most of the evening and realizes that HE [TE] should go back to sleep, but will poke at a project for another hour or two before napping before 1st breakfast.

Realy this whole thread is just here for my amusement and social enjoyment and appreciation. I have nothing gardening to say about tomatoes except we (not ME, TE, or TM but Mom who is really the boss here) will be growing the same sort of tomatoes as usual. that's all. while i can pine for the fyords and want to grow a few of something different that won't happen. i get away with a few hot peppers and a ton of beans. i'm happy with those.

as we say keep it simple. :)

i hope my odd humor doesn't rock the boat too much this late. while i'm awake though i should be using these brain cells to figure out this puzzle i'm in the middle of...

Last edited:

Latest posts