The best part of winter is...

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
What winter? Okay, I better not brag. Still getting a few strawberries, zuchini, cilantro, lettuce, collard greens, swiss chard, kale, and beets. I think I'm bragging. :hide

Mary
:tongue

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't help it if I live in sunny California and across the bay from one of the most beautiful cities in the U.S. :cool:

Mary

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It was almost a record high for today here... nice and sunny! I could have worn shorts, but I didn't. :p

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h22/Digit_007/Just 4 Fun/SNWBSNOWBALLFIGHT.gif

I had to think about the question quite awhile. Now, I am springing into action!

Generally, I don't like the cold. Wearing thick layers of clothing -- what's the fun in that? I don't like to have to think about what driving out of the driveway is going to amount to and weighing the risks. And the long hours of darkness . . .
:barnie

In recent years, I get very little exercise during much of winter. Right now, it has rained off and on for days. Not only is there little light but everything looks glum glum glum. What will brighten this dismal landscape? . . . a lovely layer of pristine white snow!

I've gotta take it easy but I will be out before daylight, shoveling my way from the backsteps all the way down the driveway, across the front of the house and up to the front door. Phew!

Later, after a break, I'll shovel a path to the chicken house and down to the garage and greenhouse. Later still, I will clean out the driveway. Sometimes, I clean off the pickup just because it's kind of embarrassing that I may go absolutely nowhere for days at a time. I may as well at least give the impression that I'm about ready to bolt from the yard and head off on a highly important mission! Yep, I may need to get down to the soopermarket for more broccoli.

Yep, that's what I enjoy. A lovely white landscape with me out there sculpting it and No Where To Go!

Steve
Your post made me smile...I love the brightness of the snow too, it isa beautiful thing, even if it makes for more labor.
Winter is a very home time for me and I love it. It's so nice to wake up and plan my day for right here.
So let the others brag! I wouldn't trade places for nuttin'! ;)

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
For me winter to me is peaceful. I love to be in the woods during those times too because its so quiet and still. Little flashes of red and blue as the cardinals and jays go past. The almost mythical way that the deer travel in the snow and barely make a whisper to give notice of their passing.

Even the snowflakes are silent as they fall from the sky, landing so delicately to rest. I always appreciate winter and enjoy everything that it brings.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
OK, now I'm wishing for snow! Sometimes the only reason I force myself to leave the "ranch" is to go in to town and check on my mom, give her a little company. I could easily become a hermit. I can cook and have crafty stuff to do from my stash for weeks on end. And read. And work sudoku puzzles. And watch the birds at the feeders. And watch mindless TV. And browse on Pinterest. (Thanks a lot, Steve. I'm addicted now. :rolleyes:)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
I can't help it if I live in sunny California and across the bay from one of the most beautiful cities in the U.S. :cool:

Mary
I understand that there will be a lot less to see in San Francisco now that the nudity ordinance has been changed.
1sm078eek.gif

so lucky said:
. . . . . . . . . . . . And browse on Pinterest. (Thanks a lot, Steve. I'm addicted now. roll)
Wait! I didn't inhale!

Steve

Latest posts