The best part of winter is...

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I just want to see what everybody else says. It's fun to see what other people think is the best part of the season.

The best part of winter for me is dreaming of all the improvements we will (hopefully) make in the garden for spring! Not only to the soil, but for the eye as well. Oh... and no snow this year please!! :fl

So far we have planned

* plant flowers to attract more bees/beneficials (done-ish, we want some more annuals on the outside of the fence and hopefully we can put in an arched trellis to put something climbing on it. Roses maybe? Could use some suggestions.)
* put up fence around outside of garden
* put in a bed for herbs
* put in 2-3 new composters
* take out all sod and replace with straw
* put in a bed for rhubarb and asparagus (hopefully together! Can they grow together?)
* put in a gate from the back yard to the garden
* plant more raspberries/blackberries
* plant 2 peach trees
* plant a crab apple tree
* plant 1 more blueberry bush

I think that's a pretty hefty goal to reach by next spring! LOL We found a REALLY nice composter plan in a book my husband got at TSC. It's very attractive, and I would be proud to have it in my garden.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My favorite part of winter is the beautiful silence of a new deep snow. Especially at dawn and dusk. My dogs and I take long walks in the snow until we are exhausted. Many times I'll clear off a spot to sit on a log and listen to the silence.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
For me, it would be the rest from gardening (particularly from battling weeds) and the hope of starting with a clean slate next spring.

I like to sew and knit...just about anything crafty. It's nice to switch gears for a little while.

But I'll confess, my mind is already starting to wander toward what I want to accomplish in the garden next year. I'm really thinking about selling my extra tomato and pepper plants this spring. I've been pondering the best way to go about that.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love deep snow. My favorite time to ride my horses is when the snow is still falling and it is very deep. It is like riding a child's rocking horse.

Latest posts