The boys are holding down the fort today. Going to San Francisco.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Going to San Francisco today to have who knows how many teeth pulled.

My mainly Red Marbled Tabby British Shorthair and my mainly Blue Fawn Abyssinian will be manning the fort today. They are not much good at typing messages and using the computer so if all goes well I'll be back on this evening, or maybe tomorrow.

I have teeth problems, Thyroid problems, and eye problems to take care of, and have appointments for each of these for the next few weeks.

Now to drive the hard canyon dirt road out. 20 miles to potter valley, then 20 miles more to Ukiah, then the nice bus ride to San Francisco, and many other veterans to visit with.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good luck Marshall. I hope your day is the beginning of some real relief for you.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm sure they don't know what to do with that kind of mouse. :lol: They sound handsome. Do you have a picture of them you can show us?

Hope you have a good trip and get to feeling better soon!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad to see you are following up. Hurting teeth can make you miserable. Best of luck on that trip and remember to tell us stories of your adventure.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope so too Carol, but for awhile there's hardly anyplace in my mouth left to chew with to avoid holes. It was 3 pulled.

Yep, all seems well in the cabin Lesa. They probably slept most of the day, but they sure were glad when pop got home.

I'll try to do some more photos Journey...

Ridge, I was good and faithful to Hayley and hardly let my eyes wander very much to all the beautiful nurses. While waiting for the bus home I took a walk down to Seal Rock to see the pre 1906 ruins right at the ocean's edge. Amazing sites there! There is an ancient sand dune that has several very rare and endangered plants growing on it. A Marguerite was on the list, and there was some kind of legume shrub.

oh shoot, the scab came out of one of the sockets just now...

Yep, it'll be adventures for a few more days

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Try to relax the next few days, Marshall. And, that should probably be just about IT.

The only teeth I've had pulled were 2 wisdom teeth. I'm hoping the other 2 won't have to go but what I've lost already should explain a few things . . .

What is the advice on that card you got from the dentist? You shouldn't be spitting or sucking on a straw. The simplest things like eating & drinking will require special attention.

I'd be cautious even with sleeping but that might just be me. Sitting up in a chair may be best. With little sleep, I'd probably do next to nothing until I felt better in a few days time. Time heals wounds and before the healing, there are activities and such that should be avoided.

Marshall, I hope You are Well Real Soon.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hot beverages.

I woke up thinking about that. It hasn't been recent history when I had those wisdom teeth removed. (In fact, it took me several years to get up the courage to have the first one taken out after being told that I had to wait because of a sinus infection. Wait? You bet :rolleyes:!)

No hot coffee, right Marshall? You and I both know that you can drink it cold. I am forever having the last couple of swallows long after I've turned off the pot.

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey there, Marshall! Hope you are doing better today. My "Mom" advice for you is to use a moistened teabag directly on the extraction area if you are still bleeding. One of the oral surgeons in my area gives out a teabag with the written post-surgery instructions.
The other advice is: if it hurts like H&!! after a couple of days, you probably have a "dry socket" and you need to get to the dentist pronto to have him/her relieve it. A simple painless procedure that stops the pain immediately.
I'm glad you were able to get in a little sight-seeing on your trip to town. Gave you some good memories to associate with the trip. :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, good for you for having the courage to have all those things taken care of, especially the dentist. Try not to overdo it and rest as much as you can. Eat slowly and drink fluids that are room temperature.

Hope you feel better soon. Maybe one of these days, you can schedule your appointments on Friday when I'm off and we can have coffee or something.

Mary

Latest posts