The boys are holding down the fort today. Going to San Francisco.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
NinnyMary, my next appt. down at Fort Miley San Francisco is the 31st. Can ya make it there then? My mouth will be settled down by then. That will be the Endocrinologist appt. Probably all they'll do to me is take more blood samples. (Ohhh, it's Halloween that day! The vampires will be attacking me!!!!!!!!!!!!).

I just got a report back that took awhile from the last blood test. My Thyroid antibodies numbers are sky high. Supposed to be less than 60, but mine is 412. The Thyroid problems I am having is SUPER RARE, and is associated with my eye problems that is called Peripheral Ulcerative Keratitis. It's SO complicated. My immune system is in overdrive, pedal to the metal, careening. It attacks my own epithelial cells just as if they are foreign tissue. Epithelial cells are the cells at the surface layer of organs like the sac surrounding my heart and my eyes. Apparently some of the cells of the Thyroid are Epithelial cells too. So, the Thyroid makes more cells faster and faster, and that kicks up the thyroid to make too much thyroid stuff. So then, my pituitary gland makes more helper enzymes to use up the extra thyroxins, and that makes me have a metabolism rate that is, well, my body is making new cells far too fast. It's like a cobination of Graves disease and Hashimoto disease. (strange names these thyroid problems have.) So far the docs don't know what to do, or what caused this. Somehow I'm still alive and not really debilitated by all of this. Add to that, I have not yet gotten all skinny. My weight is basically normal, 175.

I do have my own theory, but I don't think the doctors are quite ready to consider it seriously. I think I have hidden Neanderthal genes in me! Not the brow ridge stuff. I have a normal modern brow. No. It shows in my feet. It shows in the roots of most of the teeth they pull. Molars with big solid single roots, not the double roots of modern humans. The back opening of my skull has the Neanderthal Scalloping. My internal philosophy is, well, I know it is not modern human, but I have the modern human frontal lobes. (I saw the MRI scans they took.) I just hope that the new Endocrinologist will hear me about it and run a comprehensive DNA test. I think I have hybrid incompatibilities.

My eye doctor has only seen 7 cases of Peripheral ulcerative keratitis, and only 3 of us are still alive. He says I have the best prognosis. I am also the only one who does not show Rheumatoid Arthritis, but instead, shows associated autoimmune thyroid problems. I am the only one not blinded permanently, yet. I'm the only one who does not get congestive heart problems, yet. It could well be that my thyroid is keeping me alive and up and about with the high metabolic rates. All the other puk patients bodies fail rapidly. Mine is not failing me. The difference is my thyroid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peroxidase

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thyroglobulin

These articles are only little outlines compared to what the endocrinologists know, and just the outlines are super complicated.

I'm going back to bed...

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, I work Thursdays and have classes at the gym in the evening. Fridays are my only days off. Just let me know whenever you have a Friday appointment.

Mary

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
marshall, you are a modern miracle and a survivor to boot! with all these complicated issues, I hope you have the easiest of possible times.

Latest posts