The evil weed...looking for an actual name for it.

Accidental goat mom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
So, we have been working for years to eradicate this weed. Around here they call it burn nettle, but that isn't it's real name. My husband can pull it with minimal reaction, but I get itchy water blisters from It! The stuff is awful. Can someone help me identify it. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20170827_075129.jpg
    20170827_075129.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 306

LocoYokel

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That stuff even looks itchy! I'm sure someone will know what it is, the collective knowledge of the gardeners here is staggering. I'm kinda new here myself but I will tag @Pulsegleaner for ya, weed IDer extreme, IMHO!!
Good Luck!
(no baby goat pics? you can sneak those in on every post... we won't mind! :love)

Accidental goat mom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
That stuff even looks itchy! I'm sure someone will know what it is, the collective knowledge of the gardeners here is staggering. I'm kinda new here myself but I will tag @Pulsegleaner for ya, weed IDer extreme, IMHO!!
Good Luck!
(no baby goat pics? you can sneak those in on every post... we won't mind! :love)
20170827_101341.jpg

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's not stinging nettle, but it sure grows in and around the stinging stuff. This I can pull without being bothered. The nettle will sting me for a good long time unless I find some of the other weed -- it has yellow, snapdragon-like flower -- that negates the nettle's sting.

Couldn't find the weed on the Wisconsin ID chart, but there all around this part of south-est, central-est Wisconsin.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Smart Red your weed with yellow snapdragon like flowers is probably Linaria vulgarus it grows wild around here, a noxious weed whereas the cultivated varieties are quite lovely and well behaved.

Annette