The Fast Metablism Diet

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a great success! Congratulations.

My downfall is sweets. I don't need to lose weight (100 lb. weakling here), but I could certainly improve my diet by cutting out the sugar and adding more protein. I think I'd have to start with one day a week or something!
Just cut your sweets portions in half. That is a hugh step/start.

Mary

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I could go back and read, but quicker to just ask... Are there recommended high protein breakfasts with this diet? examples?

DH started his 'pounds down' diet. lol He decided he needs to be ready for the water slides in June. :D Yes, he's serious.

He would like my help with breakfasts. I think I have mentioned my love for cooking.:eek: Anyway, he has to get to work before 6 am to open the shop, so likes to take his breakfast with him to eat at work... making it harder, the breakfast needs to be take-out.

He will not do a very restricted food diet, but drops pounds pretty fast by limiting sugars, cutting portions, adding more vegetables, and not grazing in the kitchen in the evening. He has a habit of skipping breakfast even though he knows it's the most important meal of the day. I told him I would help him but he must eat breakfast.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lavender2, you have to have breakfast within 30 minutes of waking. The reason for this is that your body has been fasting while sleeping and you want to break that fast as soon as possible. You don't want your body hanging on to your fat.

Monday and Tuesday, I have steelcut oats with either apple or blueberries for breakfast.

Wednesday and Thursday, I have egg whites with a veggie. Usually spinach, peppers, and mushrooms.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I have a piece of toast (non wheat) with almond butter, 1 whole egg, a veggie (yams), and a fruit.

Another thing that I do is fry up a whole package of Turkey bacon with no nitrates and put in a zip lock bag. You can have 3 strips of it for breakfast along with a veggie like celery. He can eat this on his way to work. I eat my turkey bacon for afternoon snack. My husband likes smoked salmon with celery for breakfast. These two types of breakfast require no cooking the morning of so they are quick to go foods.

One thing about diets that people don't think about is that you have to eat to lose weight. You want your body in constant burning fat mode. Otherwise your body thinks it's a famine and will hold on to your fat. Of course what you eat should be healthy food like protein and steamed veggies.

Hope this helps.

Mary

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks @ninnymary , I think he will go for the turkey bacon, good plan for me to cook it all up and bag it :). We do the veggie omelet. I will get him to try steelcut oats, he loves oatmeal, and everything else you have mentioned except salmon (unfortunately, that's on a very short list of foods he really does not like)

Thanks again for the tips! I have a grocery list... that's the other half of it, I have to do more of the grocery shopping to keep bad things from falling in the cart.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lavender, I forgot to mention to get low sodium turkey bacon. Nitrates are put in processed meats to prevent the fat from breaking down. You do not want nitrates!

To me the turkey bacon tastes like beef jerky. :) You can also buy beef jerky with no nitrates but the turkey bacon is healthier and cheaper.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lavender, the first 2 days of the diet I eat turkey chili for lunch. I make it with 1 lb. ground turkey, can of each chopped tomatoes, cannelini, red kidney, pinto,and black beans, with4 cups chopped zucchini. It makes 6 servings (1 1/2 c.). I freeze it in individual containers. This and a piece of fruit is very filling.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lavender, your husband can also eat greek yogurt for breakfast if he likes that sort of thing. It has more protein than regular yogurt. I like the Fage brand. It is smooth and creamy and won a taster's choice award over here. Nuts and beans are also a good source of plant protein. Just be careful with nuts since they are a high calorie food. I would eat just about 1/3 of a cup of those. There are some good canned beans out there that are low in sodium. In either case you rinse them anyway and remove a lot of it. He can eat them straight from the can or smash them with a little olive oil and put on toast.

Mary

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Looks like I guessed right there, I made a big pot of chili on Monday. I had a bunch of canned tomatoes to use up. LOL, I was going to tell him to just pretend the turkey bacon was jerky.:D I didn't get to the grocery, too dang cold, so he chewed on a piece of pork on his way to work.

He's not much on yogurt but I will have him try that one just for fun. Thanks!.. and for all the suggestions. I went back and read your posts also, the bigger variety for him the better. I told him he could have nuts, but they will be fixed in cute little bags.:p

He's at his monthly meeting tonight, watching 8 guys eat big steaks and baked potatoes, and he will be enjoying grilled chicken and a salad. :cool:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, I'm thinking about getting that book. I really have some doubts about my ability to be as disciplined as you, but I've picked up a lot of useful information from your thread and it can't hurt to learn more!

Latest posts