The Fast Metablism Diet

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I only cheated once and that was yesterday for breakfast. I went out with my girlfriends for our monthly breakfast and I had oatmeal. Should have had it plain but it came with sliced banana and honey. I also drank a cup of coffee which I forgot to ask for decaf. Had to put a little cream and a tiny bit of brown sugar, oh well.

Mary[/QUOTE
Is this the start of the YO YO diet ? :th

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope not bobm. As you can see by my starting weight I really don't have much of a problem. This type of dieting just reminds me not too eat too many sweets and ice-cream and to treat them as "treats".

Mary

Reaction score
Congrats! I also just finished a 4-week stint of this diet. I went down 13 lbs. I have to say I'm pretty satisfied with that because I did 'cheat' just a little. My birthday weekend I found that I just HAD to have some wine...which carried over to two days because I didn't think I should drink the whole bottle in one night!

I'm starting another cycle today and will try not to cheat. I don't find it a particularly hard diet to follow - but I do find it taxing to always have on hand (and prepared) exactly what I need for each phase.

I think the diet has good points about repairing your metabolism. I've been a low-carb dieter for a long time and rarely eat fruit or grains, but with this diet I ate both of them and still lost. Yep - I love steel cut oats too!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yay, it's great to hear from someone else who's done it! Thank you for the encouragement frustratedearthmother. Yes, you needed 2 days to finish that bottle, Ha. My husband missed his glass of wine with dinner. The first thing he said was that he was going back to having his glass. Today it was hard thinking of what to eat since I didn't have meals prepared. Then I looked in the freezer and saw a container of oatmeal and another with chili beans. That's what I'm having tomorrow. I'm going to get in the habit of cooking these two things on the weekend and freezing them.

I eat too much fruit. This diet helped me to realize that and to cut a little out. I love brown rice and quinoa. Costco has these pre made packages that have only a couple of ingredients and they are delicious!

She does say that if you haven't reached your goal to keep going but we are going to take a little break. I'm sure I'll be on it again in a month or so. Congratulations on your weight loss.

Thistle, I think you may be ready to try it!

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, I don't mean this malicious at all. BUT if that was all I had to eat, I would rather be dead......:lol:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, I don't mean this malicious at all. BUT if that was all I had to eat, I would rather be dead......:lol:
What do you mean? You can eat brown rice, yams, veggies, animal and veggie protein, quinoa, fruit, steel cut oats, turkey bacon, avocadoes, nuts,etc. There are a lot of things you can eat and if you are hungry you can eat a little more.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you Red. It got a little easier mid way through. You kind of figured it out and I wasn't so paranoid that I would eat the wrong thing on the wrong day.

Mary

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sounds like a great success! Congratulations.

My downfall is sweets. I don't need to lose weight (100 lb. weakling here), but I could certainly improve my diet by cutting out the sugar and adding more protein. I think I'd have to start with one day a week or something!

Latest posts