The fig trees have had it with winter.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
The figs have decided to break dormancy no matter what the calendar says, but there is not much I can do about it.:idunno

jackb

figs.jpg

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last edited:

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
The tents have been around a long time, big item with those who grow that very profitable crop indoors. You suspend your lights from the top using various adjustable arrangements. I use inline duct fans to circulate air through them, also small heaters can be used in them if necessary. The reflective surface captures the light that would otherwise be lost. I would not say the plants are imprisoned, but would describe it as nurtured by them. ;)
They come in various sizes and are also known as indoor greenhouses, also, they are much less costly than constructing a grow room.

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you, jackb. Teasing on the imprisoned part, but it does rather resemble a plant straight jacket to me. I'm still envisioning plants growing outside -- knowing it's not possible year round here in South-est, central-est Wisconsin.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, sure, for my pot it would be a great idea. Growing that in the light of day is dangerous and stupid, IMHO. Besides, the really good stuff needs more heat and light then available here in South-est, central-est Wisconsin.

Or so I've been told.

When we bought the property there was pot growing all over the place. Not so much anymore.