1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. When bringing plants indoors for the winter. - Discussion Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

The filter made by John Frantz```

Discussion in 'Tools & Supplies' started by valley ranch, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Dec 23, 2017
    valley ranch

valley ranch Garden Addicted

Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
    Have we talked about the Frantz Filter``` I've used them from way back when``` I'm about to install one on daughters car```

2. Jan 29, 2018
    valley ranch

I'm surprised no one has/had an interest in~ or uses this filter```

I told my youngest of them ~ she has a vehicle now ~ and a license ```
    She said: " I want it " so I installed one on her car ~ it has a 350 ci engine ~ I have several I've collected over the years``` IMG_0681.JPG IMG_0680.JPG

well~ there you have it ```

3. Jan 29, 2018
    Collector

Collector Garden Addicted

Never heard of it, you can enlighten me.

valley ranch likes this.
  4. Jan 30, 2018
    valley ranch

Hi Collector~ the Frantz ~ is a by pass filter ~ a small amount is drawn off to be filtered ~ leaving the engine OEM filter in place ```

A roll of Bathroom Tissue is contained in the Frantz ~ threw which the oil is pressure fed length wise ~ filtering down to 1- 2 microns ~ the OEM filters allow particles as large as 25 microns ``` The oil in the engine is the color of dark honey ```

The additives in the oil are in solution and are not caught ~ water is trapped so Acid is not formed```
    Oil does not wear out ~ it becomes dirty picking up metals ~ soot ~ ash and other thing ~ turning the oil into mud ```

Paper becomes stronger when oil wet~ all the filters in today's motors are paper```

I've used them from the 50's when Frantz use to sell them at the flee market at the Drive ins for 24 dollars installed```

upload_2018-1-29_17-47-5.jpeg [​IMG]

Your oil is always clean all the time and has fewer particles than oil from the refinery ```

We'll change the oil on her car every 3 to 5 thousand miles ~adding about 1 quart for the oil and gunk trapped in the filter ~ replenishing the additives that are mostly detergents ```

We never changed the oil that was in the engine ~ so we could watch it get clean ~ we did change the OEM filter when we installed the Frantz```

In about 200 miles ~ she didn't keep exact count ~ the oil went from ~ about ready for a drain and change to nice looking ~ we caught some in a glass jar ~ rolled it and held it up to look through ~ it's very clean and is now picking up gunk from the oil galleries and lifters ~ every where gunk piles up ~ bringing it to be trapped in the filter```

Engines Can last ~ some people believe ~ engines are made to last a million miles~ I don't know ~ I have one on my 50 Chevy moving van and a few other things ~ oil stays clean ```

Like that great pick up you have ~ plenty room under the hood for one ~ clean oil continually ```

Collector likes this.
  5. Jan 30, 2018
    valley ranch

[​IMG]

We had to install this filter in her 1995 GMC Yukon ```

Collector likes this.
  6. Feb 19, 2018
    valley ranch

IMG_0712.JPG IMG_0711.JPG IMG_0713.JPG IMG_0710.JPG I took a gallon or more of drain oil ~ put it in a paint pressure pot ~ with a compressor ~ the oil, was sent through the filter ~ and back to the pressure pot ~ and through the filter again ``` I just removed the Frantz Oil Filter ~ to install it on oldest daughter's car ```

The first picture you see is the clean side of the filter ~ where the oil comes out ~ to return to the engine ~ ( you can see ~ impressions of the screen on the filter ~to the left ~ can be seen ~ a stick that ~ scooped residue from the oil delivery tube ~ to the far left ```
    This filter was left to run ~ until almost no oil could pass through ~ I would change a filter ~ on a engine ~ before this happened ```

The 2nd picture ~ is just a view further left ~ of Picture # 1 ```

The 3rd is a view of the top of the filter ~ where the dirty oil inters the filter ~ oil passes through leaving particles and moisture behind ```

This filter was pulled ~ with a pair of pliers ~ when I installed it in the Suzuki ~ I made and installed a puller ~ for easier removal of the filter roll ```

The 4th ~ just particles and glop ~from the filter tube ```

The oil in the pressure pot is Clean ~ yellow in color ~ clean enough to put back in an engine ~ or use in a oil gun ~ to lube gates or wagon wheels or whatever ```

I was impressed ~ had just run the drain oil through ~ as an experiment ~ to check the effectiveness ~ of bypass filtration ~ couple years back ~ this is the first time I've seen the results ```

7. Feb 19, 2018
    valley ranch

IMG_2600.JPG IMG_2601.JPG IMG_2602.JPG

Here is that filter installed on her car ~ had to clean it up ~ it took steel wool ~ the filter and pressure had sat out ~ couple years ~ to the side of the garage ~ I have since ~ installed Pink armor ~ to protect the oil lines from chafing ```

Collector likes this.
  8. Feb 19, 2018
    flowerbug

flowerbug Garden Addicted

nowadays in high end computer gaming systems they have all these fancy lights and colors going on, water cooled, etc.

so your pictures got a good giggle from me as i could easily see some clear lines with pink oil, pink brake fluid and pink water coolant running... some LEDs... :)

9. Jan 8, 2019
    valley ranch

Just bought a truck for wife to drive while getting her monster truck together ~ I'm gona get it in good nick ~ it's my truck now ~ fixing the electric door locks ~ the air filtration AND putting a smaller window washer tank in to make room for a Frantz Oil Filter ~ I have a few of them ```
    What do you think ~ it's a Ford ~ has a Triton 5.4 engine ~ they have issues but can be long lasting ~ engine is in there tight ~ spin on filter is right above the front dif ~ Henry would have blown it ~ the door locks were put in like toys ~ but ```
    Lariat 1.jpg Lariat 2.jpg