The filter made by John Frantz```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
I'm surprised no one has/had an interest in~ or uses this filter```

I told my youngest of them ~ she has a vehicle now ~ and a license ```
She said: " I want it " so I installed one on her car ~ it has a 350 ci engine ~ I have several I've collected over the years```
IMG_0681.JPG
IMG_0680.JPG

well~ there you have it ```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Collector~ the Frantz ~ is a by pass filter ~ a small amount is drawn off to be filtered ~ leaving the engine OEM filter in place ```

A roll of Bathroom Tissue is contained in the Frantz ~ threw which the oil is pressure fed length wise ~ filtering down to 1- 2 microns ~ the OEM filters allow particles as large as 25 microns ``` The oil in the engine is the color of dark honey ```

The additives in the oil are in solution and are not caught ~ water is trapped so Acid is not formed```
Oil does not wear out ~ it becomes dirty picking up metals ~ soot ~ ash and other thing ~ turning the oil into mud ```

Paper becomes stronger when oil wet~ all the filters in today's motors are paper```

I've used them from the 50's when Frantz use to sell them at the flee market at the Drive ins for 24 dollars installed```

upload_2018-1-29_17-47-5.jpeg
images

Your oil is always clean all the time and has fewer particles than oil from the refinery ```

We'll change the oil on her car every 3 to 5 thousand miles ~adding about 1 quart for the oil and gunk trapped in the filter ~ replenishing the additives that are mostly detergents ```

We never changed the oil that was in the engine ~ so we could watch it get clean ~ we did change the OEM filter when we installed the Frantz```

In about 200 miles ~ she didn't keep exact count ~ the oil went from ~ about ready for a drain and change to nice looking ~ we caught some in a glass jar ~ rolled it and held it up to look through ~ it's very clean and is now picking up gunk from the oil galleries and lifters ~ every where gunk piles up ~ bringing it to be trapped in the filter```

Engines Can last ~ some people believe ~ engines are made to last a million miles~ I don't know ~ I have one on my 50 Chevy moving van and a few other things ~ oil stays clean ```

Like that great pick up you have ~ plenty room under the hood for one ~ clean oil continually ```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_0712.JPG
IMG_0711.JPG
IMG_0713.JPG
IMG_0710.JPG
I took a gallon or more of drain oil ~ put it in a paint pressure pot ~ with a compressor ~ the oil, was sent through the filter ~ and back to the pressure pot ~ and through the filter again ``` I just removed the Frantz Oil Filter ~ to install it on oldest daughter's car ```

The first picture you see is the clean side of the filter ~ where the oil comes out ~ to return to the engine ~ ( you can see ~ impressions of the screen on the filter ~to the left ~ can be seen ~ a stick that ~ scooped residue from the oil delivery tube ~ to the far left ```
This filter was left to run ~ until almost no oil could pass through ~ I would change a filter ~ on a engine ~ before this happened ```

The 2nd picture ~ is just a view further left ~ of Picture # 1 ```

The 3rd is a view of the top of the filter ~ where the dirty oil inters the filter ~ oil passes through leaving particles and moisture behind ```

This filter was pulled ~ with a pair of pliers ~ when I installed it in the Suzuki ~ I made and installed a puller ~ for easier removal of the filter roll ```

The 4th ~ just particles and glop ~from the filter tube ```

The oil in the pressure pot is Clean ~ yellow in color ~ clean enough to put back in an engine ~ or use in a oil gun ~ to lube gates or wagon wheels or whatever ```

I was impressed ~ had just run the drain oil through ~ as an experiment ~ to check the effectiveness ~ of bypass filtration ~ couple years back ~ this is the first time I've seen the results ```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_2600.JPG
IMG_2601.JPG
IMG_2602.JPG

Here is that filter installed on her car ~ had to clean it up ~ it took steel wool ~ the filter and pressure had sat out ~ couple years ~ to the side of the garage ~ I have since ~ installed Pink armor ~ to protect the oil lines from chafing ```

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
nowadays in high end computer gaming systems they have all these fancy lights and colors going on, water cooled, etc.

so your pictures got a good giggle from me as i could easily see some clear lines with pink oil, pink brake fluid and pink water coolant running... some LEDs... :)

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just bought a truck for wife to drive while getting her monster truck together ~ I'm gona get it in good nick ~ it's my truck now ~ fixing the electric door locks ~ the air filtration AND putting a smaller window washer tank in to make room for a Frantz Oil Filter ~ I have a few of them ```
What do you think ~ it's a Ford ~ has a Triton 5.4 engine ~ they have issues but can be long lasting ~ engine is in there tight ~ spin on filter is right above the front dif ~ Henry would have blown it ~ the door locks were put in like toys ~ but ```
Lariat 1.jpg
Lariat 2.jpg

Latest posts