The Little Easy Bean Network - Get New Beans Varieties Nearly Free

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Russ, you should be getting the box of seeds I'd guess Friday or Saturday. Digit got the two envelopes already. It would have cost an extra almost 7 dollars to send it priority. Post office person said it'd get there Friday.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Marshall !

Ok ! thanks for the heads up on the package. After it arrives I'm going to make up a package for you. New outcrosses, varieties from my collection you don't have, and some of the African beans that could be grown to refresh their seed.

In April I'm thinking about starting a new thread for the 2014 Little Easy Bean Network. Then any new comers (if we get any) don't have to wade through all these pages, and a lot of these conversations in the new season wouldn't have anything to do with them. Hope we get bunches of new participants. I think it might be possible as there is a pretty big number on the amount of views this thread has gotten. I am going to format the 2014 Network a little differently. Just to keep it interesting. A little change for next year. I will also wait until late March or early April to put up the photos of the African collection on the new 2014 thread.

All my seed has been shelled, bottled and labeled almost two months ago now. So goes to show you spring is really not that far away.

With the seeds I got from So Lucky yesterday. The returns are now just a little over 50%.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
hi Russ, i got mine out yesterday. i won't ask you for any new types for next year. i'll just drool over some of the pretty ones i see and work on the ones you sent me that i had some seeds set aside.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey So Lucky !

The seeds you sent of Purple Amazon and Petaluma Gold Rush arrived yesterday in the mail. That was pretty fast. Thank you so much, and hope to have you back for the 2014 Little Easy Bean Network if you would like to do it again.

Merry Christmas Everyone !
That was fast! Must have had reindeer helping deliver the mail.:)

Hal

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I hope everyone gets their seeds sent back to Bluejay77 or at least informs him of a crop failure. There is always next year to try and again and learn from past experiences, don't be shy these things happen and if anyone would understand it is another gardener.
Bring on 2014. I can spend my fall and winter watching all of you grow and collect your beans till my spring rolls around! Talk about good entertainment.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Chickie's Momain

That sounds fair enough to me. Maybe by 2015 you will be ready to grow a whole new set of varieties.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Chickie's Momain !

The Black Trout you grew came yesterday in the mail. Many thanks. You grew some very pretty looking seed.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Marshall !

Your package of seed came today. Holy bean pod, and many thanks, but you shouldn't have sent me so much seed of each type. 10 seeds of each would have been plenty. Hope you kept some seed from your garden you grew this past summer. I have not gone through the evelopes. I am waiting for all the seed to warm up before I open anything.

Latest posts