The Little Easy Bean Network - Get New Beans Varieties Nearly Free

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, Russ, that seed expo is only about 75 road miles from where I am, in the town where I was raised. It's probably kind of lax the format. The Baker Creek seed folks have several facebook pages. Jere Gettle has a page, Emilee Gettle has a page, there is a friends of Baker Creek Seeds page, and seems like another one too. Probably if you email Emilee Gettle on facebook you might get a response.

So far one thing or the other has stopped me from going to it, but if you have a spot there I'll just about for sure go and help you set it up. I just about bet you'll find more bean varieties while there.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well Thanks Marshall for the names of contact. I'll probably dabble in contacting these people and get better acquainted with how things are done and what goes on there. If this comes about this year I would probably want to display seeds of about 300 varieties to create something interesting looking, and maybe get some business cards made up so curious or interested people could take a look at the website. Might be fun to come up to your place for a short and take a peek at your gardens, and all your little critters you keep well fed with your nutritious gardens. We will see what happens and only time will tell if this is something I will wind up doing.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
You'd be welcome to stay here at the cabin while here for the expo, do some day drives see and visit the coast, places. It's quite the drive up here, the last 20 miles, but ok for most cars except those low-rider things, low. Couch opens up to a small bed.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, have you ever been to the expo? I've always wanted to go. I checked out the dates for this year and the are always Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Why does it have to be in the middle of the week? :barnie They could have at least included Friday. My husband says to take Thursday off if I really want to go. I just feel guilty asking for time off when it's not a holiday or my vacation time.

Mary

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've missed it every year since they started it Mary. Next one I am going. Set your mind to it too! Heh! Let's see how many of us can go.

Hal

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Shame it is in September, that is spring here and I work with plants and garden products so imagine me asking for time off.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Maybe if I be extra nice to my parents for the rest of the year I'll be able to make it. I might actually have enough money saved up to buy myself a ticket to California. I've wanted to go to the expo for a while but was disappointed that it was in California. How do you enter your produce in the expo?

Hal, maybe we can find somebody that looks just like you, and have you to switch places? Sort of unrealistic, but a possibility...

Hal

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Maybe if I be extra nice to my parents for the rest of the year I'll be able to make it. I might actually have enough money saved up to buy myself a ticket to California. I've wanted to go to the expo for a while but was disappointed that it was in California. How do you enter your produce in the expo?

Hal, maybe we can find somebody that looks just like you, and have you to switch places? Sort of unrealistic, but a possibility...

They would know straight away soon as my replacement couldn't handle a gardening related question. I got myself in too deep by raising the bar too high when it comes to knowledge, should have just played dumb and I'd have made state manager by now!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha! SeedO!

Suggesting a "stand in" for Hal at his work to pretend he's Hal for a week or so? That's a good one. o_O :weee :caf

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
And they'd have to have a good Australian accent. Maybe somebody can video tape for you instead. Maybe you can even ship some of your stuff across the pacific and we could enter it for you. :)

Latest posts