The Moose!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can’t shoot them ALL!
Don’t have to. Shoot one, rest get the message.

Please, you name them, castrate them, kill them, eat them, & I’m the bad guy? Ok......

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don’t have to. Shoot one, rest get the message.

In Disney movies.

I'm sure you're aware of this, but you can only take moose in season, with a tag. Those tags are given by lottery, which means you may only get one in your hunting lifetime.
Any other way is poaching and that is a prison term, a heavy fine and suspension or revocation of hunting privileges.

I live where moose live (and bears, mountain lions and other predators). I have to be the one with the brain and adapt my habits to make sure I'm not inviting injury by carelessness.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
In Disney movies.

I'm sure you're aware of this, but you can only take moose in season, with a tag. Those tags are given by lottery, which means you may only get one in your hunting lifetime.
Any other way is poaching and that is a prison term, a heavy fine and suspension or revocation of hunting privileges.

I live where moose live (and bears, mountain lions and other predators). I have to be the one with the brain and adapt my habits to make sure I'm not inviting injury by carelessness.
Well said Thistle.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here you get deprivation permits for deer.

An animal that puts mine in danger is itself in danger.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here you get deprivation permits for deer.

An animal that puts mine in danger is itself in danger.

Deer are a different story.
Moose are protected.
I don't put the moose above my own animals safety or mine.
If there was a legitimate imminent threat with no
possibility of mitigation the moose would be dealt with and we'd have to sort out the legalities after the fact.

What I'm doing such a poor job of communicating is that if you use common sense and think ahead, there is no real issue. It's not like people are getting maimed and mutilated by moose.

Dogs get maimed and mutilated when their owners are foolish enough to think they are dealing with some animal that has had it's wits and reactions dulled by domestic care, and let them harass them.