The Neighbors from a Satellite View

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey! Some of you gardeners really have a lot of land to work with!!!

My place here at home is a collection of roofs. . . . & plastic tunnels, at the moment :rolleyes:. I looked out the kitchen window yesterday, and since I had just moved the 2 hoopies right off the deck, my 1st thought was that I'd piled snow along a path from the backsteps to the chicken coop :/. Nearly forgot what month it was.

I am actually in violation of building codes. When I enlarged the greenhouse (from 100ft to 180ft), I stood with the inspector under my carport and hovered right at his elbow hoping that he wouldn't pull out a tape and measure the carport and garage. . . & then the chicken coop & house :rolleyes:. I was trying to keep his focus right on that new foundation for the greenhouse :p.

A momma sparrow was also distracting him! She had built a nest right above his head under the carport roof :rolleyes:. Fortunately, he just looked at her nest and ignored the roof and the reason for her being there. Honestly, I just forgot to carefully measure those roofs before I started the greenhouse project. Well anyway - the ground here has very little problem handling runoff . . .

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hay Mama Chicken! You have a giant yellow pin on your property!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, my real question is,

How do you put google satellite images here?

Step by painful step for the ole Neanderthal please...

gardentoad

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I'm not sure about your puter but I use chrome and I just do save image on the address bar and that was it.
Good luck.. Maybe someone else will tell you about IE and foxfire

Don

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was trying to remember how I did a screen capture just yesterday. It may not have been on Firefox because, clicking the key didn't do anything that I recognized as an accomplishment . . :rolleyes:

I have a snipping tool program that came with the computer. You might do a computer search for those words. Generally, anything that shows up on the screen - it can capture - part or whole.

A frontpage of a UK paper I sometimes read just looked kind of interesting. I snipped, saved, and uploaded it to my cellphone service. Then, I sent it to my son's cell phone. But, I started with that snipping tool.

Steve

joz

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The "printscreen" button copies an image of your screen. Open an image editor (paint, or...? I have the Photoshop), open a new document, and CTRL-V paste it. You'll have to crop out the website edges and such. Save as a jpeg or tif or gif or whatever TEG will read, then upload per the usual.

At least... that's how it all works on my machine.