The only garden tool I own

Randy

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I guess I just need to bite the bullet and find me a good wife and let her do the weeding. :D

:hide

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Randy said:
I guess I just need to bite the bullet and find me a good wife and let her do the weeding. :D

:hide
Hahahaha.....Yea, good luck with that. Be sure not to let her know the reason you're marrying her until after the wedding......that's when the bullet will "come into play".

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The little Mantis tiller or the Sears equivalent is a great tool. It weighs only 21 pounds and is so maneuverable it can even be used in raised beds. A lot of people pass it by because it looks so light weight they don't think it can do the job but it really gets in there and digs. Personally I prefer the electric if you have an outlet close enough. It gets away from all the starting problems and a lot of the maintainance.

elf

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I've done some pretty good grading and put in French drains to fix drainage problems around a couple of houses with my little Mantis. It had to rip thru roots and rocks. I'm really surprised it did not kill it. But it's not much at covering large areas and you have to walk backwards to do much. Good for the upper arms.

As for hand tools to get up deep rooted weeds or shrubs, I reach for the good old-fashioned mattock. I like them in different sizes. Even us weaklings can use them, 'cause you let the weight do the work. And you have the pick on the other side, should you need to pry up a rock.

Latest posts