Ordered a 30×40 foot, 45mil EPDM liner and underlayment! 🥳

Now to schedule the dig!

17,953 gallons, here we come!

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
The newest pond plan...
20210912_120000.jpg

Right end will be eventually added. It's above grade, using up the old liner.

john

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I had all that. Started with a 1/2 55 gal plastic drum. Ended with about a 3 ft deep 7x4 pond. Had about 4 giant coy and had one maybe 6 years my buddy started me out with it. I had about 10 fish lots of plants I loved fooling with it. Came home one afternoon from work early and my big coy laying out of the pond with some marks on him, he was dead. I found out the next Saturday why my fish went missing that big bird from the river had found my pond and cleaned me out. So after all that I filled in the pond and that was that. Still have the waterfall I was using can't get rid of it yet.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
😑
Got the cars out of the way, tractor into place and stayed home....Nope, no delivery today!
😤
Screenshot_20210921-194814_Chrome.jpg

Ignoring the mess I'm still bagging n cleaning up...Moved the shelter out of the way.
Where pond will go on the 9th!
20210921_173655.jpg

john

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Wow that's going to be a big one. My buddy that got me interested had his whole backyard in pond which to me was impressive. He moved and rebuilt a new one in his new backyard even bigger then the big bird from the river moved in and cleaned him out in one day. The bird didn't eat any of them just pulled out and pecked on the sides ? Did the same with my pod which was a lot smaller. Good luck with yours.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow that's going to be a big one. My buddy that got me interested had his whole backyard in pond which to me was impressive. He moved and rebuilt a new one in his new backyard even bigger then the big bird from the river moved in and cleaned him out in one day. The bird didn't eat any of them just pulled out and pecked on the sides ? Did the same with my pod which was a lot smaller. Good luck with yours.

further upthread you can see pics of where she caught a big bird in her net and set it free. i'm pretty sure she'll have netting over this pond too.

around here fencing and netting would be required, we have blue herons, raccoons and all sorts of other creatures that would be really happy to raid any kind of pond we had.

Latest posts