The race is on... 2012

gardentoad

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We have had quite a few meals with Broccoli and have some in the freezer, also we have had some sweet onions

Don

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Collector said:
thistlebloom said:
How about a category for last gardener to have their first ripe anything? That's one I could compete in!
You and I will be neck and neck for lastplace. Depending on how many crop failures I have of course!
Okay Collector, you're on! And no fair growing stuff in the shade! :D

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've been harvesting peas for a couple of weeks and already pulled some plants out. I may only have peas until next week before they're all done. :)

They're Blondie Peas, and quite nice in stir-fries. YUM!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Almost forgot... harvested all but one of our cabbages too. Same with carrots. I plant in September, most don't take off growing for me until the spring rolls back in. But now I have TONS of fat cabbages with little caterpillar damage, and fat carrots. :D

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
How about a category for last gardener to have their first ripe anything? That's one I could compete in!
More things should be added to the catergory, you know... for stuff some of us southerns can't grow, or unlikely will. :p

I can't do rhubarb here, and cherries are pointless. I adore apricots, but they can't stand the humidity and heat here so I've lost the 2 trees we tried to grow. Start listing some more things you grow not on the list. :thumbsup

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
nachoqtpie said:
Why can't you do rhubarb vfem??
We've tried since we've moved here (my parents too) and the soil just didn't like the plant and the plant just never took off. :(

I tried once last time and the next year it never came back. *sob*

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
Collector said:
thistlebloom said:
You and I will be neck and neck for lastplace. Depending on how many crop failures I have of course!
Okay Collector, you're on! And no fair growing stuff in the shade! :D
Yeah! Only I am allowed to cheat. Now, if you see me posting a picture of a very grocery-ish looking item of produce, that's not because I cheated, that's because

Latest posts