the return of a semi-feral kitty

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those two looks very at peace to each outer. I hope my pets coexist like that. :D
I really dont know why. my pets (a dog and a cat) really hate each other.. :D:D:D

it helps if they are raised together so they consider themselves family/pack...

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
it helps if they are raised together so they consider themselves family/pack...
That's the issue, they weren't... I'm confused, I don't want to get rid of any one of them... I hope there is a resolution for this... I love them both...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm not in this situation, but usually strife comes from them being pushed to be in each other's company instead of them having their own territories where they can "visit" the other when they feel more sociable (or perhaps mischievious :) ). i mean it is clear to me from observations that pets can have their playful or mean sides just as people can have. so sometimes they may just not get along. give them their own spaces and hope it works that they'll figure it out eventually...

my sister had two dogs that were siblings, still eventually one of them had to be put down because it was very irritable and then violent. i visited her a few times and it was not always comfortable because the one dog would get jealous of the other and start a fight. the final straw for my sister was when she tried to break up a fight between them and got bit herself. me, i'd never get in the middle of fighting dogs...

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
That's the issue, they weren't... I'm confused, I don't want to get rid of any one of them... I hope there is a resolution for this... I love them both...
I'm actually thinking to send one to my cousin... But even that is a dilemma... I cant choose who... :fl I hope I can do something to make them in peace...

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have 3 in the house and one of them has never gotten along with the others. It rarely comes down to an actual chase and fight. Mostly it's just when one turns around to find the solitary girl near and they swat at each other and go to separate rooms.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
for multiple kitties a squirt gun can really help to distract them from pestering each other. if the problem is a dog/kitty mix with the dog being a labrador, a squirt gun is just more reason to play. :) but at least it would still distract the kitty...

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm actually thinking to send one to my cousin... But even that is a dilemma... I cant choose who... :fl I hope I can do something to make them in peace...
They will adapt. Patience. They may never be friends like my 2 but they will find harmony-or at least their version of harmony.

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
for multiple kitties a squirt gun can really help to distract them from pestering each other. if the problem is a dog/kitty mix with the dog being a labrador, a squirt gun is just more reason to play. :) but at least it would still distract the kitty...
Cats are much more receptive to rewards and treats then they are to punishment. But you can discourage bad behavior by trying a few tricks: ... Use a water spray bottle: No one, including cats, likes to be squirted with water. Try a quick spritz at your cat if they are somewhere or doing something they shouldn't be

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cats are much more receptive to rewards and treats then they are to punishment. But you can discourage bad behavior by trying a few tricks: ... Use a water spray bottle: No one, including cats, likes to be squirted with water. Try a quick spritz at your cat if they are somewhere or doing something they shouldn't be
Then place that spray bottle where it can't be punctured by claws. ;) Cats can be remarkably clever when they don't like something, underestimate them at your peril. As for dogs... they would likely try to drink as you were spraying, and think nothing of it.

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Then place that spray bottle where it can't be punctured by claws. ;) Cats can be remarkably clever when they don't like something, underestimate them at your peril. As for dogs... they would likely try to drink as you were spraying, and think nothing of it.
I guess I just like the idea of spraying them when they are acting naughty, Its actually pacifies them, Ill resort to that idea any time of the day.