The Tree

Suess

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
We have two of these in our yard, one out front one out back....we hate them both! They have "berries" that the parrots love and that fall all over. They hurt to step on, they are sticky and cling to anything that walks across them. I hate the tree....okay, I truly dislike the tree. It is GREAT for shade, crappy to have for the berry reason. Does anyone know what the heck this thing is?
thetree001.jpg

thetree003.jpg

thetree006.jpg

thetree007.jpg

Suess

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
thank you beefy!
Is there anything that I can do with the berries? Or are the simply ornamental (and foot annoying)?

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
the berries are actually toxic to some species..

they can be preserved on the stem and used in flower arrangements..thats about all i know of.

the wood on the other hand is awesome.

Suess

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm thinking we are going to have some great fires this fall!
I would love to rid our yard of this tree...I looked up the toxicity...humans, that is all it seems to affect...and neurologically. I have a 17 month old who loves to pick up the berries, I'd prefer to not tempt fate on the eating and death idea.

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
i think the berries are supposedly toxic to cattle and swine as well (in large quantities probably as is usually the case). my cows eat the foliage all the time...

ive never noticed the berries sticking to feet.

they sure do make nice shade trees. i have several in my yard and some all around the farm.

makes nice furniture wood too.

Latest posts