The Trees and That Wind!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are so happy to see you @SweetMissDaisy Glad you got out from under that rock. ;) And hang onto your hat, I see winds in the weather forecast for WA again.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy to hear friends here are save and accounted for. Not a fun way to spend time -- waiting through the winds or cleaning up afterwards.

We have had more than our share of severe windy weather here this fall, but we've had little enough damage compared to others in the area. We did lose one huge tree -- it took out three other trees as it fell. That's going to be quite some clean up, but fortunately it's not in an area where it MUST be removed quickly.

It is actually in part of the once disputed zone. He's going to be irate watching DH burn wood that could have heated his house most of next winter.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy to hear friends here are save and accounted for. Not a fun way to spend time -- waiting through the winds or cleaning up afterwards.

We have had more than our share of severe windy weather here this fall, but we've had little enough damage compared to others in the area. We did lose one huge tree -- it took out three other trees as it fell. That's going to be quite some clean up, but fortunately it's not in an area where it MUST be removed quickly.

It is actually in part of the once disputed zone. He's going to be irate watching DH burn wood that could have heated his house most of next winter.

I remember the disputed zone. Glad it fell the right way.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, but it's going to eat the neighbor up seeing all the lovely wood go up in smoke instead of to heat something (like his house). Personally, I'd let him cut and take the wood. It would be easier on DH and better stewardship over-all. I expect I would be over-ruled by family members, however, and it is highly unlikely the neighbors would ask anyway.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have found that 'FREE downed trees' doesn't get answered. Too much work for most people. Even free 'cut and dried' wood was hard to get picked up when we had that. Eventually, DS took the rest of the dried wood down to his burn pit in the gully. Such a waste, IMHO, but it's not bothering DH any longer.

Latest posts