The Wall Of Shame!! or..Hey! We Ain't Perfect!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here it is! My real garden.

I have one of these 'beds' at each end of my clothes line. One of my projects today was to find the naked ladies.
goalpost before.JPG

Here is the bed after a first going over. Naked ladies are found doing well. You also get a quick peek at DH at work. The kidney bed is ready for planting dahlias.
goalpost after.JPG

Here is a photo of my first sunny perennial bed. See the trim design and all the growing perennials? Of course not. What you see is grass taking over the bed. Redoing it is another task-in-waiting. I could tell you what is planted in there, but I'll let you guess.
sunny bed 1.JPG

Here is my second perennial bed. Nearly impossible to find in the lawn. Winter did a 'thing' on the evergreens as well. Of course, later in the season some of the perennials will pop up from the grass and bloom.
sunny bed 2.JPG

If you look really close you can see sunny perennial bed #3 past the second brown evergreen. Not much better than 1 or 2 looks more like lawn than flower bed.

Okay, Mary. You were wondering who has the most beautiful garden on TEG?

Now, ya'll forget what you've just seen and check out the good parts. I'll get these beds back in order and they'll be better than ever. Nine years of sick doesn't bode well for gardening.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Smart Red, now you've spoiled it for me. :tongue I will quickly forget these pictures and think of those woodsy gardens.

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I see beautiful beds in the future! O.K. I will say tulips and daylilies (at least) in those perennial beds. Even in perfect health your large yard and many flower beds must be hard to keep up with!
AND I love the Naked Ladies. Dad gave me some of Mom's a few years ago. :) I planted them any place I could find room. They always surprise me when they bloom, since I tend to forget where they where. ;) (Hench their other name *Surprise Lillies*)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I see beautiful beds in the future! O.K. I will say tulips and daylilies (at least) in those perennial beds. Even in perfect health your large yard and many flower beds must be hard to keep up with!
AND I love the Naked Ladies. Dad gave me some of Mom's a few years ago. :) I planted them any place I could find room. They always surprise me when they bloom, since I tend to forget where they where. ;) (Hench their other name *Surprise Lillies*)

Are those the same thing as "Magic Lilies"? They come up foliage, then die back, and pop up later with tall, pink blooms?

Oh, your poor evergreens, Red. What a hard winter it was. At least the perennials will hang out and wait for you to get around to weeding them. I have some I left behind at my MIL's and they've come back every year with no attention at all.

I'd have to take a pic of my blackberry patch. It is my weedy mess of shame right now. It will still be the last thing I get to, since it's on the back-40.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
sHa_hehe.gif

Thanks Red. It's nice to be reminded that I'm not the only one searching out flower beds in the middle of the 'lawn'.

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Epic Fail!!!! :idunno I planted spearmint in my tomato patch in a raised bed. I guess that is not a fail It took over the world and I will have spearmeint FOREVER!!!:hide I planted the wonderful seeds from Bluejay and only one of the 3 rows I planted came up, well I guess I planted 4 rows because not some are coming up with the second planting of tomatoes!!!
I diligently went out to weed my garden and pulled up the spinach, the weeds were thick!!:barnie
But everything else seems to be doing ok!! Even the weeds!!:celebrate

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here it is! My real garden.

I have one of these 'beds' at each end of my clothes line. One of my projects today was to find the naked ladies.
View attachment 2568

Here is the bed after a first going over. Naked ladies are found doing well. You also get a quick peek at DH at work. The kidney bed is ready for planting dahlias.
View attachment 2569

Here is a photo of my first sunny perennial bed. See the trim design and all the growing perennials? Of course not. What you see is grass taking over the bed. Redoing it is another task-in-waiting. I could tell you what is planted in there, but I'll let you guess.
View attachment 2570

Here is my second perennial bed. Nearly impossible to find in the lawn. Winter did a 'thing' on the evergreens as well. Of course, later in the season some of the perennials will pop up from the grass and bloom.
View attachment 2571
If you look really close you can see sunny perennial bed #3 past the second brown evergreen. Not much better than 1 or 2 looks more like lawn than flower bed.

Okay, Mary. You were wondering who has the most beautiful garden on TEG?

Now, ya'll forget what you've just seen and check out the good parts. I'll get these beds back in order and they'll be better than ever. Nine years of sick doesn't bode well for gardening.

Oh goodness, now I wish I could get there to help you! :hugs

@Carol Dee , it's good to have the other name for naked ladies, in case you want to google them ... :D

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee , it's good to have the other name for naked ladies, in case you want to google them ... :D
Lavender
I have seen the same lily referred to as: Naked Ladies, Resurrection Lily, Magic Lily and Surprise Lily. Yep Journey, they come up as foliage in the spring and die back to come up as stems of flowers in late summer.

Latest posts