The Wall Of Shame!! or..Hey! We Ain't Perfect!

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh those naked ladies are cool, never heard of or seen them, that I know! Thanks for the link, Smart Red! ;)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
My most recent "oh no!" moment was when I was weeding out my southwest flower bed and was pulling the last sprout of a rather strange looking weed, when I realized it was the butterfly weed I had grown from seed last year.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
My most recent "oh no!" moment was when I was weeding out my southwest flower bed and was pulling the last sprout of a rather strange looking weed, when I realized it was the butterfly weed I had grown from seed last year.

Aw-w-w-w! That would be a bummer. Did you get it re-planted successfully? I fear I might have done much the same with one of mine. I spot treated some weeds with WeedBGone and couldn't find the sprout of my butterfly weed. I suspect that was one I spotted.

The plant I bought never set seed. Strange or not? The one I spotted(?) was started from seed and did produce pods. I do have some yellow butterfly weed seeds from last year. Anyone have other colors to share?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score

They are kind of strange looking as a sprout in the spring. I just transplanted several pieces into C.M.Butterfly Garden this week.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I did something like that. I'm sitting on the porch saturday morning with my coffee and I tell DH that I've identified some volunteer columbine right outside the front porch. I have the PERFECT place for it to be moved to, and I'll dig it up before I mow.
...mowed it down to the ground before I realized it.
Good thing that some more volunteered.

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
was happy to see the racer in my yard today I have several most of them stay away from the chicken coop. I have a very protective Rooster, and a large stick they hate vibrations!! Had a rat snake in the strawberries, it was little and ran when I moved the leaves. @moxies_chickienuggets No way would I try to catch a snake, not easily identified as non-poisonous. . . identified as dead! you are a brave woman!! Even a good snake after my chicken nuggets (9 just hatched) will be a dead snake:thumbsup

Latest posts