the yankees are coming ,the yankees are coming..

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Diversity!

It's what makes life interesting :).

My ancestors even seemed to know this! Except maybe Aunt Sis. Did I ever tell you about my Aunt Sis?

;) Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hijacking ...

Oh, @Smart Red , the story has been told but for me to sort it out and state the relationships simply has taken repeated telling :).

Aunt Sis was my great great grandfather's sister. So, she was my great grandfather's aunt. My great grandfather married a Miss C. Miss C, my great grandmother, had a brother, a Mr. C.

Mr. C was married to Aunt Sis.

So, you see: Aunt Sis was both my great grandfather's aunt and also my great grandparents' sister-in-law. Aunt Sis.

This was also the name used for her by my grandfather. My great grandparents died young and Aunt Sis raised my grandfather and his younger brother.

There is more to her story. Of course there is, with anyone's life ;). She had an especially long one, over 100 years.

Steve

By the way, Mr. C was a Confederate war veteran. A picture of his tombstone can be seen at Find a Grave. It makes note of that fact.

Last edited:

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't claim to be a Northerner , nor a, Southerner, but by birth a North European. :)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy Thanks for seeds. Did plant 6-7 seeds in garden to see how they will do. It's been so cold that when they come up, they will only be a few weeks behind. Plus they are Yankees so they will be tough and overcome any obstacles.......

Latest posts