The Young Gardener

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat when did they let you in on there joke ?
Just got smart in retrospect. 3 boys favorite terms, butt squeak, butt crack, etc. The 3 year old asked Suri to show him pictures of poop. When he was helping me brush the horse he did not seem to care that I told him not to walk behind the horse because he could get kicked...or the horse might poop on his head. THAT he remembered...over and over again with glee. Yes, .....hanging out with little boys for so long...I am not much better.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
landon will broc seeds.jpg
My 4 year old grandson Landon is by now quite a seed starting pro. The last 2 winters he planted large pumpkin and squash seeds set up for him in the kitchen. Now that he is 4 and can follow directions he helped plant many small seeds the greenhouse. Today it was broccoli and others in that family. The 6 year old will come over after school tomorrow and continue with more planting. The 9 year old will also help but school takes more of his time these days. One favorite after school activity of his is of course gardening club.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
For the rest of his life he will remember planting seeds with grandmon

Yes he will, 70 + years later my fondest memories are of all those summer days I spent helping my grandpa in his garden. I still remember the feeling of the summer sun on my back, the scent from the old roses on the pergola and the lavender border with a slight scent of the sea wafting through the air. I was a very lucky little girl.

Annette

Latest posts