There's gold in them thar hills!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hay Digit, you know sizes of places!

Mendocino county is pretty big. Is it bigger than some states?
Beaverhead county's a pretty big county too. How many states is it bigger than?
Sonoma county is puny compared to the above two. Is it bigger than some states?

Now, Texas has everything bigger than everyone else. Does Texas have gigantic counties too?

Course, then there is Point Barrow Alaska. How big is that county?

Ahhh, can't forget Key Largo, specially since we're talking about Humphrey Bogart's gold from the Sierra Madres! How big is the county Key Largo is in?

How many Rhode Islands could fit in the combined areas of New Hampshire and Vermont???
15? 20?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, stop it!

I came back feeling guilty and you can't deprive me of the emotion!

Okay. I was just reading about Camas County, Idaho. It has a population density of 0.6 people per square mile .

Steve

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
. . . I was just reading about Camas County, Idaho. It has a population density of 0.6 people per square mile. Steve
Hmmmm, sounds like my kind of place.

Hey guys, I can't provide any more information on the gold story. I don't have daily communication with the folks in Quartsite. Aw heck, I don't even have monthly communication with them.

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The largest county in Texas is Brewster County, 6,193 square miles. Population, 9,232. Been there. It is one dry place. Depending on your taste, it is beautiful high mountain dessert. One of the few places in the U.S. where you can see the sky without all of the light pollution.

The down side? Water, there isn't any.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
heh, i didn't catch what you wrote before you edited it Steve! but i don't take much offense to things. and anyways, i'd rather be a small state with few people than a large state where you can't move without stepping on the wrong person's toes! :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chickie'sMoma I was imagining if there was just gold laying around in all that huge expanse of NM & AZ. You can see above that the whole idea of gold gets me defensive . . . Probably, I would have been okay with the motivation & skill-set of a Forty-Niner, 150 years ago but then, I hope somebody would have shot me!

I am going to get myself into trouble yet . . . :rolleyes:

The largest county in Idaho is Idaho County - they may have run outta names when they got to it. It is 8,502 square miles, so it is bigger than Aaaalll of Texas!!! Okay, it isn't :p.

Idaho County is the home of Camas Prairie . . . or, one of the Camas Prairies. I'd love to talk about camas and the Indians. It isn't a very happy story but I have been in such a cranky mood lately, maybe some of you can put up with me :/. It helps to talk about beautiful things even tho' the stories behind them can be uncomfortable.

I'll start another thread and you can ignore me, hate me there or give me a little pat on the shoulder if you'd care to.

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Aww shoot, allz Digit wrote was something like
if ya put New Mexico and Arizona together
you could put 25 New Hampshires into it, lol!
Then he makes out like he was offending! Lol!!!

:lol:

Latest posts