They Are Growing!!

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Very nice! Hope you get a great harvest from you maters and peppers! Love the morning glories - will they self-sow?

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
skeeter9 said:
Very nice! Hope you get a great harvest from you taters and peppers! Love the morning glories - will they self-sow?
Morning Glories are weeds here!! I don't know if they will "breed true" since I have solid purples and pinks in the yard also. Heavenly Blues for some reason come back solid purple for me!

I do have a Morning Glory vine that doesn't put out any seed at all and has huge blue flowers I love that one! But it can grow a foot or more overnight!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
See, you should never admit that, Rebbetzin.

No, best to leave the impression that they require constant care and attention. A true exotic, they have no home anywhere but these plants require the intervention of highly-trained humans and that has been the case since they were discovered deep in the wilderness centuries ago by ascetics who have been dedicated to their care, ever since.

I mean, they really ain't bindweed! They just like living in the same neighborhood with that rabble.

Steve ;)

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Morning Glories are related to Bindweed, but are nowhere near as invasive.

When I had to remove a bunch of Bindweed several decades ago, at one point I had to make a phone call to the Weed Root holding Commisar in China to ask him to have his crew let go of the bindweed roots for a few days.

The weed root holding commisar in china told me that they almost never grab domesticated morning glory roots.

When morning glories do reseed it is usually a nice thing.

Latest posts