This was posted by a friend~

Status
Not open for further replies.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
n1z9lbyonrig8gjmj4km.png

Nicolas Augustin Metoyer of Louisiana owned 13 slaves in 1830. He and his 12 family members collectively owned 215 slaves.

One of the most vexing questions in African-American history is whether free African Americans themselves owned slaves. The short answer to this question, as you might suspect, is yes, of course; some free black people in this country bought and sold other black people, and did so at least since 1654, continuing to do so right through the Civil War. For me, the really fascinating questions about black slave-owning are how many black "masters" were involved, how many slaves did they own and why did they own slaves?
--------------------------------------------------------------------

We don't like slavery ~`most peoples have been slaves at one time or another```

America is seen by many peoples as the Nation that freed the slave and as an example spread that teaching so that all Christian Nations_ Quit buying buying slaves from the Muslims slave traders```

The Nation my father came from what occupied by muslim bandits~ we were slaves~ no matter what you may call it```

If a slave or a slave owner comes up with a cure, a tool or saves a life~ I will use that cure if I or my love is sick~ use that tool if need does come and stop the killing of the life saved and fight any one who wishes to take it```

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree with the players right to protest. I disagree with their method. It is the same as movie stars or singers using their popularity to expound their views. I turn them off. Entertainers are just that--entertainers. Football is no different. We watch the game. If the players want to protest something, then do it on their time, not ours. It would be like going to see a movie and half way through, all the actors pontificating ad nauseam about their political views.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I believe indentured servants should be bought back. Would solve immigration problem. American pay for people to come over and work a certain number of years, then be granted citizenship. If no one wants to sponsor you, you can not enter.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I believe indentured servants should be bought back. Would solve immigration problem. American pay for people to come over and work a certain number of years, then be granted citizenship. If no one wants to sponsor you, you can not enter.
Everyone is not as nice as you. There would be way too much room for abuse by the "sponsor".

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
We have immigration law which work and should be followed`

If I help any to violate our law~ I'm giving away something that isn't mine to give away~ it belongs to the American people~ who have made it very clear they don't want that```The politicians have answered the American people with " Let them eat cake" ~ The American people or every shape size and color have said: Then get the hell out of government~ Yes it's taken a long time to react and stand up~ but it's happening~ and No the persons who are not fond of our form of government and the sovereignty of our nation~ don't like it~ but~ stuff em~ let them give what is theirs```

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There have been different ideas about Christianity and slavery. It was widely used as justification for enslaving Native Americans first and Africans later.

In the Americas by 1865, slavery protected by government statute only existed in Brazil, Cuba and Puerto Rico. Cuba and Puerto Rico were still colonies, although Spain itself had abolished slavery. Mexico freed its slaves in the 1820's and elected a president of African and Native American ancestry.

While these steps were being taken elsewhere, it was illegal for children of African ancestry to be even taught to read and write in some of the United States.

Steve

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
If one reads history books, one finds that the African slave traders were black Africans who sold their neighbors to slave buyers of the rest of the world. Before that time, the middle eastern countries made war on their neighbors , then sold the people of the defeated countries into slavery. ETC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts