This was posted by a friend~

Status
Not open for further replies.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
"An Open Letter to the NFL and its Players"

My former Squadron Deputy Commander sent me this on the matter of the faggoty NFL kneebenders. It is reproduced verbatim. Not for the faint of heart.

To the NFL and its players,

If I have brain cancer, I don’t ask my dentist what I should do. If my car has a problem, I don’t seek help from a plumber! Why do you think the public cares what a football player thinks about politics? If we want to know about football, then depending on the information we seek, we might consult with you, but even a quarterback doesn’t seek advice on playing his position from a defensive tackle!

You seem to have this over inflated view of yourselves, thinking because you enjoy working on such a large scale stage, that somehow your opinion about everything matters. The NFL realizes the importance of its “image” so it has rules that specify the clothes and insignia you can wear, the language you use, and your “antics” after a touchdown or other “great” play. But somehow you and your employer don’t seem to care that you disgrace the entire nation and its 320 million people in the eyes of the world by publicly disrespecting this country, its flag, and its anthem! The taxpaying citizens of this country subsidize your plush work environments, yet you choose to use those venues to openly offend those very citizens.

Do you even understand what the flag of this country means to so many of its citizens before you choose to “take a knee” in protest of this “country" during our national anthem?

You may think because you are paid so much that your job is tough, but you are clueless when it comes to tough. Let me show you those whose job is really tough.

NFL%2BRant%2B1.jpg

NFL%2BRant%2B2.jpg

NFL%2BRant%2B3.jpg

You are spoiled babies who stand around and have staff squirt GatorAid in your mouths, sit in front of misting cooling fans when it’s warm, and sit on heated benches when it's cold. That’s not “tough” that's pampered.

You think that you deserve to be paid excessively high salaries, because you play a “dangerous" game where you can incur career ending injuries. Let me show you career ending injuries!
NFL%2BRant%2B4.jpg

NFL%2BRant%2B5.jpg

You think that you deserve immediate medical attention and the best medical facilities and doctors when injured. Let me show you what it’s like for those who really need and deserve medical attention.
NFL%2BRant%2B7.jpg

NFL%2BRant%2B6.jpg

You think you have the right to disrespect the flag of the United States, the one our veterans fought for, risked limbs and mental stability to defend, in many cases died for. Let me show you what our flag means to them, their families, and their friends.
NFL%2BRant%2B8.jpg

NFL%2BRant%2B9.jpg

NFL%2BRant%2B10.jpg

NFL%2BRant%2B11.jpg

NFL%2BRant%2B12.jpg

You believe you are our heroes, when in reality you are nothing but overpaid (and cowardly ) entertainers, who exist solely for our enjoyment! Well, your current antics are neither entertaining nor enjoyable, but rather a disgrace to this country, its citizens, all our veterans and their families, and the sacrifices they have made to ensure this country remains free. You choose to openly disgrace this country in the eyes of the rest of the world, yet with all your money, still choose to live here rather than in any other country. People with even the slightest amount of “Class” will stand and respect our flag. Where does that put you? You want to see heroes? Here are this countries heroes!
NFL%2BRant%2B13.jpg

NFL%2BRant%2B14.jpg

NFL%2BRant%2B15.jpg

NFL%2BRant%2B16.jpg

NFL%2BRant%2B17.jpg

You can protest policies, the current government, or anything else you choose, that is your right. But when you “protest” our flag and anthem, you are insulting the nation we all live in and love, and all those who have served, been injured, or died to keep it free. There is nothing you can do or say that can make your actions anything more than the arrogance of classless people, who care about themselves more than our country or the freedoms for which our veterans and their families have sacrificed so much, to ensure you have the “right” to speak freely. Our country is far from perfect, but if you can point to any other country where your freedom and opportunities are better than they are here, then you just might want to go there and show respect for their flag!

If you respect America and all those who have sacrificed so much to keep her free, please forward this to your friends and relatives. Eventually, it should end up in the mailboxes of those who choose to disrespect our country, its service members, our veterans, their families, and all of us who appreciate the freedoms America represents.
My sincere thanks to Kevin for bringing this to my attention and let me only add this: God bless these heroes above, their families and loved ones, and all those who serve in our military and defend our way of life against the vile slime that wish to overthrow the good that this country has wrought.

..and God damn to hell the tutu-wearing NFL kneebenders!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Whatever they say their reason is, they are using the wrong venue.
And they are still over indulged pompous asses IMO.
Why the wrong venue? Should then do it quietly where no one can see? Being the best in the country for what they do has given them a lot of financial success. Along with the team owners and the businesses that surround them. That does not make them over indulged--just paid for their value. I am sure we have all seen the videos of unarmed minorities being casually shot down by police. Over and over again.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Value? They contribute nothing valuable other than entertainment.

unarmed minorities being casually shot down by police. Over and over again.

I have a real problem with that statement. I don't think it's substantiated or corroborated in every instance. I believe the reporting is skewed and the truth comes out much later. I think there are elements that profit from strained relations between people with different amounts of melanin in their skin and strive to keep hostilities high.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Value? They contribute nothing valuable other than entertainment.

I have a real problem with that statement. I don't think it's substantiated or corroborated in every instance. I believe the reporting is skewed and the truth comes out much later. I think there are elements that profit from strained relations between people with different amounts of melanin in their skin and strive to keep hostilities high.
Not in every instance? What if the instance was someone you loved? I think most cops are good and law abiding. But some are quick to shoot at unarmed black people of any age. And I always wonder why they don't just wound them instead of using enough bullets to kill an elephant. In any case our soldiers fight to preserve our right to peaceful protest. Many in the military are supportive of the players' right to take a knee. It sure has got the whole world taking about the racist treatment of minorities in this country, which is the goal of protest.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We won't agree on this.

Back to the venue issue, why do they do it during the National anthem? Why don't they protest on their own time after the game outside the stadium in the parking lot? I'm sure they would still get abundant attention. They are cowards.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
I think you've bought a false premise~ which we won't argue that here```
Each of several groups~ are griping about a different, favorite beef~ and yet the disrespect is directed at Our Flag~ which is dear and deep in our heart and Our National Anthem~ that says it so clearly that the hearing of it makes us shake with love```

Stuff them~ the hell with them~ coming at us it this way~ ungrateful~ with full disrespect~ And they're not speaking for All of any group~ Americans are All of us``` If they're with us~ one of us~ let them stand with us~ let's hear what we all think``` Americans are people too~ All Americans~ If someone hates us~ we can hate them right back~ disrespect them right back~ if they want to hurt us~ well```

I think~ you bought the farm before looking with a buying eye~ the salespersons~ sold bull flowers```

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Look a little closer ... at slaves attempting to gain freedom by siding with the British in 1812.

"No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave.
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free ..."

Francis Scott Key, as the District Attorney for Washington DC from 1833 to 1840, argued in court for the hanging of an abolitionist for passing out literature (link): "Are you willing, gentlemen, to abandon your country, to permit it to be taken from you, and occupied by the abolitionist, according to whose taste it is to associate and amalgamate with the Negro?"

Several of these arguments remind me that some plantation owners petitioned union officers to protect their slave property after the occupation of Mississippi by union forces in the 1860's. They could not maintain ownership without the assistance of government.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts