This Weekend! - Was Seed Swap Experiences

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it was a lot of fun. do this if you get a chance. just to talk to people of all stages of gardening. best if you can at least have two people if you are bringing things to give away, trade or sell because then one of you can take a break or go to a speaker/presentation, etc.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the sprouting hard neck garlic scapes were popular. i got rid of them all even if people were told it would be a year and a half before they'd get a regular garlic bulb from them.

i met a TEG person too!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

@Eleanor :) fun to meet someone in person. i think i can now remember who she is having gone back to read messages. we did swap some seeds. more babies!

it will be interesting to see if some of my other babies will get out further. i didn't have much time to talk to Mr. Coykendall during the event because i was busy trying to give beans away but i did give him some of the Lemon Slice real quick during the time he was sitting at his table and then caught him at the end after i'd loaded up and packed the car. not a long enough. at least i shook his hand and thanked him for coming. it's a long road trip from TN (i've done it enough) and the weather was horrible yesterday last night so i hope they found a safe spot along the way back.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
today a local friend stopped in to pick up bread and cookies and as usual he got into asking me questions. he's really facinated by beans. so i hadda show him the new babies and talk about the seed swap and plans i have for the coming year in the gardens and ...

he said he's sick of this winter, and i asked him if he was having trouble with the ice and he said that was exactly it because normally he likes winter and spends a lot of time outside but not this year... said they were going to FL for a while. he's quite the character, super friendly, good listener...

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seed swaps can be fun. I've driven to two of them in the past, one in Monticello, one in Berea, KY. Met people I've known online both times, made new acquaintances, and shared a lot of seed. I wish I could attend more of them. I've yet to attend SSE's summer get-together, after 18 years as a member - usually too busy in the garden at that time. This actually seems like the right time to have a seed swap, and Michigan is not that far away... maybe I'll hop over there when I retire (which will be fairly soon).

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seed swaps can be fun. I've driven to two of them in the past, one in Monticello, one in Berea, KY. Met people I've known online both times, made new acquaintances, and shared a lot of seed. I wish I could attend more of them. I've yet to attend SSE's summer get-together, after 18 years as a member - usually too busy in the garden at that time. This actually seems like the right time to have a seed swap, and Michigan is not that far away... maybe I'll hop over there when I retire (which will be fairly soon).

yeah. it's just not a good time for me to do any away from the gardens kinds of things from mid-April until November. we take a quick break here or there if we can but that is about it.

it would be great to meet ya! :) too bad Russ is a snowbird this time of the year as he would be a nice bean person to visit with for a break in the drive.

Latest posts