those goats are in so much trouble

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I go out to tuck them in for the night. they have pushed open the gate to the garden and on into the chicken run. they see me coming and start yelling, in typical goat fashion, like "we're over here, over here!!!" I ignore their sneaky little butts & get their feed. they can hear me & start raising cain. "what are you doing? we're here!!" I happily go into their night pen, calmly put their grain out (it's usually world war III). they start to figure out how to get from point A to point B & come around the corner. then Full Speed Ahead as they run to the night pen.
those darn girls are a bunch of sneaky trouble-makers. i'll show them. I can play the sneaky game too. :bun

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
And this is why I haven't actually jumped into doing goats yet! :lol:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Friend wanted goats. Until I convinced him goats hard to keep in pen and would love to climb on his cars. He's a car guy. End of goat discussion.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Walllp, what's the latest with the Goat-antics?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's so funny! BJ, just what are you planning on doing with these goats? I'm thinking maybe you are going to milk them.......which means kids.....which means they grow up to be MORE goats. At some point you might be covered up with goats.......so would you actually EAT one of them? :lol:

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
don't ask me what i'm going to do with my goats! the initial plan was to have them eat all the brush & clean up an area. boy, they have done that & then some. they're boer/texmaster meat goats - but who in the world is going to eat something this adorable? they look up at me w/these different expressions on their faces. they're full of individuality and personality. :barnie when am I going to grow up & be a real lifestock person?

I need to sell a few of them. there are a few too many for the vegetation (I never thought that would be my problem). BUT, the new owners have to be nice, have plenty of room, have good fences, etc. etc. you would think I was adopting out a child or something the way I want to vet any prospective owners.

it's one thing to have an issue with chicken math - it's altogether a different thing to have an issue with goat math. :hide

this morning, it was soooo cool! it was fabulous! the girls thought so too. the way they played, bucked, jumped, ran as fast as they could - it was the cutest darn thing you ever saw.

I need to be more like baymule. she's got it figured out.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I couldn't eat a Goat either. I think it's the same Anti-Cannibal gene or something.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Many years ago , we had a goat ( neutered)) named " Billy the Kid" . Our little children played with it all the time. That is until he started to butt and knock down our and neighborhood children. Us Carnivores have to eat , so my 5 year old daughter caught him up ( oh she was so mad at Billy) using an ear of corn as bait, then we invited " Bar B Q Billy " to dinner. We all sat around the fire in a lined pit with the guest of honor as the center of attraction and enjoyed it's company with some beer, wine, and lemonade at the block party. :drool