those goats are in so much trouble

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
bj taylor said:
I need to be more like baymule. she's got it figured out.
Haha! Girlfriend, I can be a softie too! I had to swap off a rooster with 4 complimentary pullets for hay because I couldn't butcher him. :lol: I butchered 2 old hens last week and it was close to, as Smart Red put it-like butchering the family dog. :gig And I still have 5 more to do! I have never butchered a goat or sheep and I might have a hard time with that. :lol: I have shot deer and butchered them, so maybe a goat or sheep wouldn't be so bad.........but I don't know the deer's name....... :lol:

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
yeah, I worked hard at not give them names, then I found myself calling them by their ear tag number as though it was a pet name. disgraceful :gig

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I do the same and try not to 'friend' anything we will be butchering. Thomas the turkey was the exception, but the fact that his heart was clearly going to fail him made that chore a lot easier!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
bj taylor said:
don't ask me what i'm going to do with my goats! the initial plan was to have them eat all the brush & clean up an area. boy, they have done that & then some. they're boer/texmaster meat goats - but who in the world is going to eat something this adorable? they look up at me w/these different expressions on their faces. they're full of individuality and personality. :barnie when am I going to grow up & be a real lifestock person?

I need to sell a few of them. there are a few too many for the vegetation (I never thought that would be my problem). BUT, the new owners have to be nice, have plenty of room, have good fences, etc. etc. you would think I was adopting out a child or something the way I want to vet any prospective owners.

it's one thing to have an issue with chicken math - it's altogether a different thing to have an issue with goat math. :hide

this morning, it was soooo cool! it was fabulous! the girls thought so too. the way they played, bucked, jumped, ran as fast as they could - it was the cutest darn thing you ever saw.

I need to be more like baymule. she's got it figured out.
rather then sell them start a new business!! Organic land and weed clearing, set up portable electric fencing where people want the land cleared, turn goats loose.

Latest posts