Those Hours of the Day

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve ... ya'll probbly will wanna put offen that feet up sleepin' gig till Thursdy an gettin to amovin' an a workin'. U all see the weather feller has bin a pridictin' fer 4+" of rain a cummin' fer the Washinton / Origone coast and 2+" of porrin rain in the buckit fer the SW Washinton areas werein we us bein' a livin' . So , ya'll a gonna get a soakin' on Thursday werin it be a gooder sleepin an' relaxin' nappin wiff yorn foots propd up thar on that thar stool. :old

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible." I think that will be for Wednesday night as well as Wednesday daytime.

Bob, we will be lucky to get 1/2" of rain over here on the dryside ...

Today looks like the last unseasonably warm October day. Lovely! I was going around and around with the rototiller. Seems like I should have been able to think of something better to do ...

Steve

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, this morning the weather man is increasing the forecast from mostly cloudy to showers today ( my hair got quite wet when I went outside to retrieve the wet newspaper), and increasing the coast Thursday forecast to 4" of rain to up to 5-6" . The 2" for us from 2" to up to 2 1/2-3" and for the hills around us to 3 -6" of rain ... so you may get more than the promised 1/2". Check your pantry for hot toddy and popcorn supplies :pop as you think of something better to do while sitting in your sleeping chair with your feet all propped up.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Will do, @bobm !

The tiller is back in the garage and I'm going to stay out from under the big sky at the big veggie garden. Today, I'll go to the little veggie garden and pull basil and zucchini plants. Dig out a bed in the shady corner ...

There is only one tamarack over there, no broad-leaf trees. I figure the white fir will be a good one to get under if it starts to sprinkle ...

icon_smile.gif

"Human fascination with water is amazing.
We're constantly going to beaches, pools, lakes, rivers.
We're swimming, we're snorkeling, we're scuba-diving.
We bathe in it.
Our bodies are mostly made of water.
Everyone's carrying around these bottles of water.
We can't get enough water.
Unless it rains then we're like, ''Oh, look, l'm soaked.
l am literally drenched.''
For some reason, we have a huge problem with small, flying water.
lt'll just stop us right in our tracks.
''l felt a drop.
We're gonna get caught in it! Everyone cover your water bottles.
Run!'' ~ Jerry Seinfeld

& digitS' ... in flannel and denim and wool

Latest posts