thought this was a cool picture

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
There is something about the thriving flowers that just brings a sense of hope and life to an otherwise despairing photo of an old abandoned house.

67d480cd-e4e5-477d-a20c-3fd1af0b49ee_980x551.jpg

(not my picture)

JimWWhite

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That's just something I don't get. Why let a marvelous house like that waste away until it's ready to fall in? When I see this I wonder what happened to the people who own the house. Was it Granny's house and she passed away and didn't leave it to anyone or no one wanted it? What? It's such a shame because someone could be living in it today and it would be in its glory years instead of nothing more than kindling or termite dust.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think I saw this photo in an article on Detroit and all the places that are crumbling in abandonment. It tugged at something in me too.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
There was a house like that down the road from me. Every spring 2 roses bushes where covered in flowers, that no body took care of. While I sprayed pruned and babied mine. The house was torn down and a bank was built in it's place.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I see a house like that I always want to restore it. I think it is always about the cost of renovation verses building new. They say a garden dies with the gardener. Same for a house I guess. I love the photograph.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's just something I don't get. Why let a marvelous house like that waste away until it's ready to fall in? When I see this I wonder what happened to the people who own the house. Was it Granny's house and she passed away and didn't leave it to anyone or no one wanted it? What? It's such a shame because someone could be living in it today and it would be in its glory years instead of nothing more than kindling or termite dust.
Jim, I've always wondered that too. I think sometimes "court" holds up dispensation, or siblings can't agree on how to dispose of the property, so it just sits. That is happening with my DH's family home right now. So sad, when there are so many people who really need a place to live.

Latest posts