Tip of the day.....

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
1. Don't casually walk by and spray insect repellant on potato bug larvae. :rolleyes:

I just happened to have a can of "OFF" in my hand while I was strolling past the potatoes and spotted a veritable scourge of potato bug larvae descimating my potatoes. I gave several squirts to the offenders in a fit of pique!

:he I walked by about an hour later and noticed all the leaves shriveled and discolored where I sprayed! Apparently, an ingredient in "OFF" means "leaves fall off". That fast! Who knew? :he

Cassandra

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Just a few plants, so no maximum damage done, but I still feel stupid! :lol:
Hahaha. That's great. Thanks for the laugh. (With you, not at you!)

:clap

Cassandra

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Checked today and the maximum damage has been done.....at least 5 plants totally brown and dead today. And we put this stuff on our skin!!!!!
:(

Cassandra

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
How scary is that! This is just within a few hours? (Crazy!) Makes me want to throw all of mine in the trash!

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh my gosh Beekissed, sorry about that.
I hate using any of that stuff. I won't buy it, the only time I will get some is when my daughters head to Ecuador every summer to build houses with the church mission.
You need bug spray there worse than here and I am afraid of those bugs so I buy the strongest stuff you can get.
Although it doesn't stop the fire ants from crawling into their beds at night. ugh!
Anyway if it does that to a plant you can imagine what it will do to the sensitive young skin of children.
I know you are only suppose to spray it on your clothes but you know that it gets on the skin.
Thank goodness it wasn't more of your plants though.
Are you sure there isn't anything left growing below the soil?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm sure there are a few potatoes growing under there. I'm not sweating it....I have 4 rows of potatoes so I should have plenty. I hate the ugliness of it, though! My garden is on a very slight grade, so it can be seen, in all its entirety, from the road. Kind of embarassed by the brown, shriveled plants in the middle of the green, lush rows. The folks are pretty nosey around here and I'm going to have to tell them what I did.....see where the embarassment comes in? :rolleyes: :gig

Latest posts