To Market.....

allabout

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Earlier in the week I shared pics of my garden, this is the link:

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=25860&p=1

We toyed with the idea of selling to the public. So we went to the big city and to Market we went.

I can't explain how excited and nervous my husband and I were. But in the end, when we got there, there was another couple doing this very thing too.....we had a blast.

5977_img_0798.jpg

Okay, everyone said it classified as a farm. So, we needed a farm name. We are now "Chapel Farms". I took someone's advise from the forum and brought pictures! It was sooo cool having something for people to stand and look at while other people were being waited on. And it gave us things to discuss. You can see it in this shot. Oh, and there is my little helper for the day too!

5977_img_0797.jpg

5977_img_0800.jpg

Okay, everything was grown by me or a neighbor down the road EXCEPT for the tomatoes. Those were from Florida.

Your words of advise really helped to make so...perfect!! You guys are always sooo helpful. And I can't wait to be there again in two weeks, it will be on the first and third Saturday of the month. I am loving this, and thanks guys!!

Claudia

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow Hi allabout :frow

Great pictures of the Market Trip. So glad you framed up the photos for people to look at while waiting! :celebrate THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING !!!!! :thumbsup

GOOD LUCK TO THE WHOLE VENTURE. :rainbow-sun

Did your children enjoy it too?

:rose Hattie :rose

FarmerDenise

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Way cool! We've been toying with the idea of going to the farmer's market. It just seems like such a big deal though. I love the pictures, I think that is a great idea. And your stand looks great.
You are giving me the incentive to find out what it takes to get into our farmers market. :bow

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Congratulations! Isn't the market fun? My kids and I are on our third year, although we go very infrequently, and we really have a blast. This Sat, unfortunately, it drizzled the whole time so was not quite as fun.

Your table looks beautiful and your garden pictures in another thread quite impressive. Good luck this market season and I hope it is a fun and profitable year for you :)

me&thegals

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That is so great that it worked out for you! I absolutely love the idea of the framed pictures of the farm. That was such a good idea to entertain the masses. :lol:

I hope you made good money and it was worth it.... I can't wait to hear about your next farmers market day.

P.s.- Those herbs are precious!!!!!!!!!!

:hugs :clap :hugs :clap :hugs :clap :hugs :clap :hugs

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wow! Your stand looks great! And the pics were a great idea. Everything looks so nice and organized/clean. Great job! :thumbsup

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Way to Go :thumbsup Your table looks Great :clap Your son is adorable, I hope he enjoyed it as well. And the photos are always a nice touch. :coolsun I hope you made some great sales :rainbow-sun

We did the same last fall at the Food Fest in Kirksville, a town 26 miles south of us, showing folks our building of the Greenhouse and had a few of our show case plants, made some good conections that way.

:happy_flower Karan :D

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Excellent job :thumbsup

Your table looks amazing!!! :clap

Good Luck the next time you market i'm sure you'll just get better at it.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bravo, Claudia (& Chapel Farm) :frow!!

That shy little guy will soon be an outgoing farmer vendor!

To draw 'em in: activity, activity, activity. (See, you can't usually make the decision on your location, location, location - the market manager makes that call for you ;).)

To an extent, it hardly matters what the "activity" is but the bestest activity is a cheerful smile, smile, smile :D.

Steve
:tools

Latest posts