To those in south

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Shame on you! Flaunting your ability to plant and harvest garden things already. Meanwhile some of us are fighting cold and today snow flurries. & the pictures you show......pure flaunting. You are killing me!

Those of you enjoying your greenhouses are just as evil. :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Look at it this way seedcorn........when you are enjoying all your yummy garden goodies, all of ours will be burnt to a crisp and WE will be drooling and watching YOU posting your beautiful garden pics. Turnabout is fair play. :lol:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are on the knife's edge here right now. I guess WV only barely qualifies as South. If you get too excited and determined to put things out early (very tempting on these 85 degree days) you will inevitably get zapped with a late frost or freeze. Better to hold the horses...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
. . . Those of you enjoying your greenhouses are just as evil. . .)
Enjoying, Seedcorn?

Stapling fiberglass in place in the shed (hoop house attached) this morning. I had to go to the bank and to Lowes. The greenhouse was only slightly "open" while I was away. The sky was fully cloud-covered but on the way to Lowes, the sky clears and the sun comes out. Almost turned around & went back to rescue things from baking in the greenhouse! Instead, I hustled into Lowes. No time to use their restroom . . . can't find 2 of the 3 items I'm looking for without covering every square foot of their store . . . out the door. Rush home! Clouds roll in. Not a drop of sunshine at home. Everything is cool :rolleyes:.

I will say that having a "man cave" that is a greenhouse could be nice. Could be. I've gotta give everything the closest look every time I go in there and usually find something to do. Often, it takes me hours to get it done.

Steve

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule said:
Look at it this way seedcorn........when you are enjoying all your yummy garden goodies, all of ours will be burnt to a crisp and WE will be drooling and watching YOU posting your beautiful garden pics. Turnabout is fair play. :lol:
amen to that..........

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes but I'm NOT envious when it's in MY favor......:ya

I don't remember my g'parents gardens burning up. I remember eating okra daily and enjoying it. She fried it in bacon grease. That was Tennessee Alabama border. Fresh black eyed peas, tomatoes, greens, fresh milk, butter, green beans, hunting for eggs in chicken house, barn....... Oh, the good ole days.

Steve, I will NOT feel sorry for you......try again. I'm envious and that will not change my mind! Good try tho

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Some of us are sweating and passing out from heat already!!! lol

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ridgerunner said:
Seedcorn, I remember when Pat in Ontario made a similar post. She got absolutely no sympathy. Just saying.
Come on, Canadian! They chose to live in the far north--kind of like Eskimo complaining about snow! We get spring, just month behind. So those of you enjoying spring already, should be sympathetic to us....send us some asparagus, spring crops, etc..... I'm dying here.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
Ridgerunner said:
Seedcorn, I remember when Pat in Ontario made a similar post. She got absolutely no sympathy. Just saying.
Come on, Canadian! They chose to live in the far north--kind of like Eskimo complaining about snow! We get spring, just month behind. So those of you enjoying spring already, should be sympathetic to us....send us some asparagus, spring crops, etc..... I'm dying here.
So you mean us northerners can't expect any sympathy... ever?