To those in south

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
seedcorn said:
Ridgerunner said:
Seedcorn, I remember when Pat in Ontario made a similar post. She got absolutely no sympathy. Just saying.
Come on, Canadian! They chose to live in the far north--kind of like Eskimo complaining about snow! We get spring, just month behind. So those of you enjoying spring already, should be sympathetic to us....send us some asparagus, spring crops, etc..... I'm dying here.
So you mean us northerners can't expect any sympathy... ever?
Only when you complain about the heat.....you chose to live in the land of the ice. :)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ridgerunner said:
Will you feel any for us this summer when we're seeing triple digits and most things are bolting from the heat?
Of course! But you will be sitting under nice shade tree sipping on an ice cold sweet tea contemplating how glad you don't live in the cold Idaho winters...... Starting to wonder why my ancestors went north......

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
vfem said:
Some of us are sweating and passing out from heat already!!! lol
vfem was in your neck out woods Thursday you got to love those pine trees, I-40 from Raleigh to benson was just a cloud of yellow and coming back up nc-55 was not much better..

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
Well today was 70 degrees. But it's always 70 over here. :cool: No drought, no snow, just sunshine!

Mary
Or at least that's what the Chamber of Commerce would like the rest of us to think. I've been to S.f. Cold and fog so thick that I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. :rolleyes:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, OldGuy, we do get some fog, but it usually burns off by noon. Across the bay, it's a little warmer and better!

Mary

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, I have to admit I do love living in the south! I'd take the heat and humidity any 'ole day rather than freezing my buns off waiting until June to put something in the ground. Sunny and 80 degrees today! :cool: Sorry, my northern friends. :hugs

Latest posts