Today is Journeys Birthday!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy Belated Birthday Journey11 (I was so busy I missed checking in at TEG yesterday) So I missed sending my wishes on time. Hope you have a FABLULOUS and Relaxing day. hugs...:hugs

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you for all the birthday wishes guys! We a great time at the beach. Spent my birthday out on Ocracoke Island and really enjoyed the long ferry ride back under the full moon. The trip was a lot of fun, but very little sleep, rest or relaxation with 5 little girls in tow. My friend's family were all early birds, so Ava would get up early with their daughters and my sister and her family are all night owls, so she'd stay up late with her cousin. She ended up sleeping in the car everywhere we went and cranky most of the time. She partied too hard, lol. So glad to be home! I missed you guys!

My garden is all brown and dried up now mostly. It didn't rain much while we were gone. The second patch of sweet corn is ready, all the beans are in dry pods now and needing collected (even the pole beans...I thought I'd still have enough to can some more. :\) Time to pick all the pumpkins, dig the sweet potatoes, lots of jalapenos and other peppers to preserve. It was in the 90's when we left and now it's chilly--looking and feeling like fall. A lot can change in 9 days!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
So glad to see you back and happy to hear about the fun vacation. Funny how we have to come home to rest after the vacation!

Latest posts