Today is Our Anniversary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Valentine's Day seemed like a good day to get married on. For one thing, it would be hard for either one of us to forget the date! :lol: It is 18 years today. Pity my poor DH. He had this great bachelor life and then he met me. He had been married before, but had been single for 17 years and the last thing he was looking for was a wife. He walked into the furniture store I worked at, took one look and that was all she wrote, folks. He was done and hadn't even spoken a word to me. He asked the owner, a friend of his, who I was and the owner was quick to let him know I was married and had two kids. DH was crushed.

What neither of them knew was my now ex-husband was a SOB, and had him some real ugly girlfriends. Nothing like an ugly girlfriend to add insult to injury. The short version is I knocked on HER door, HE answered, and MY feet hit the pavement. My (now) husband lost no time in scooping me right up. We married two years later on this day.

Since then, I have turned my husband's life upside down, :confused: inside out :eek: and twisted sideways. ;) He never knows what's coming at him next. He used to argue and tell me I was crazy, but now he just gives in quickly and says OK. :lol: Garden in the front yard? "you're nuts!" Chickens?? :epOh HE!! NO. Riiiiight. :p Horses? Cows? Pigs? We've had 'em all. Still have the horses. We had a pet pot belly pig named Scooter. Scooter was supposed to be a miniature--SOMEBODY LIED! Scooter got huge. Came home from work one night and Scooter was dead. Had to get a winch truck to get her out of the backyard. The next night we had fried pork chops. DH was on hid 3rd one, telling me how good they were........ "Scooter tasted pretty good huh?" His eyes bugged out, the bone he was gnawing dropped, "NO! NOT SCOOTER!!? :th"Oh honey, you married a country woman, I know how to do that. You don't think I was going to let all that meat go to waste do 'ya?" I razzed him for about 10 minutes while he turned green :sick and felt like a cannibal. Finally I started laughing and it was harder to convince him that I was joking than it was to convince him that he had Scooter for supper. And this is just one of the many things I have done to the poor man. :D He has put up with me for 18 years, I think I'll keep him. :love

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Love a good "how we met" story. :) You two are a real cute couple and sound like you're perfect together. Happy Anniversary!!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy anniversary. Glad all worked out. So is he city guy?

Latest posts