Tomato Pictures 2014

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wasn't worryed. I knew I planted the tomatoes later than I should have and I deliberately planted the sweet corn to avoid cross pollination with local field corn.

Next year I think I will plant an early corn crop and then save a few rows for a late/seed collecting planting that won't be effected by nearby corn pollen. I should'a been nibbling while ya'll were getting corn as well.
That's an interesting thought Red. I do not have local corn growers. I would not even have thought about my carefully selected corn pollinated with Monsanto's GMO"S. I have read the stories about them suing farmers whose corn pollinated with Monsanto's from neighbors. When they did their seed saving as farmers have done for thousands of years the courts found in Monsanto's favor.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, here are the first fruits of my tomato harvest for 2014.
tomatoes.JPG

The photo shows tomatoes that look larger than they are. Those two cherry 'maters are smaller than a grape, smaller than a filbert, they are about the size of a Gummy Bear.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I didn't check with my list when I picked the tomatoes so I don't know what I have in the photo. I was so surprised to see them that I just went for the color. Next time I will keep better track of what is ripening.

I suspect the yellows are yellow pear, although these seem a bit bigger than what I'm used to. The babies are in the area that Spoon was planted. Spoon is supposed to produce loads of pea-sized tomatoes. In that case, my Spoons were rather bigger than I should have expected. And here I was lamenting their small size. I can't even guess what the other two?/three? varieties are.

Latest posts