Tomato Pictures 2014

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tomato.JPG

A couple of Mexico Midgets and a 4th of July. I got them this morning. The 4th of July should get a little bigger but they are fairly small tomatoes.

I always plant a cherry tomato right next to my garden gate. It's only purpose is for me to snack on when I am out there. Last year I had a black cherry but Mexico Midget was my spur-of-the -moment choice this year. I did have a volunteer in that area so I moved it up the fence a bit. I'm wanting to see what it is. Maybe two cherry tomatoes to snack from!

mydogdory

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Lucky! lol I do have a lot of baby tomatoes growing right. None of them are red yet lol :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yay, Wendy! DW makes salsa from frozen cherry tomatoes during the winter months. I have to admit, the fresh cilantro is from the store but I may have it from the greenhouse this winter :).

One of these first days, I will have a tomato for people to see ...

We don't see enuf of you around TEG, lately. There are a number of folks from the Southeast these days.

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
These are the only ones with actual fruit so far...I think. I weeded the others yesterday, but was conversing with my brother and didn't think to peer into the plants.

Yes, those strawberries are definitely admiring their little buddy. Well, I say little, but that tractor is to provide scale.
Yep, things just grow bigger up here...
SUNSET, tOES, FLOWERS 007.JPG

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those are some awesome tomatoes @wsmoak !!!! Glad to see you on here. Thanks to you, I am growing Violet's Multicolored Butterbeans for the second year! Got a few little ones on the vines now.

I ran raw cherry tomatoes through the blender last year, poured them out on the solid dehydrator sheets and made tomato flakes. Instant cup of soup and I put them in soups and stews.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Miracle in Minnesota! :D

Picture 11711.jpg

I have never, ever had a tomato before the 4th of July! Usually it's around the END of July. Not much to brag about, just 2 small Early Girls, but enough for my first BLT! It will be a while before I get more, so I will enjoy every bite... I might even share it with DH. :D

These were from one of the plants that I potted up to a large pot in April, went in the ground May 23. Way too much rain has not been good for my garden, hoping things will perk up in July!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
:weee YAY!!! :weee

I am so glad you got tomatoes! Mine are blighted from all the rain and steamy heat, as is the yard and everything else in it. :tongue by the time ya'll are in full swing mine will all be dead. :lol:

Latest posts