Tomato??

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I first started researching flea beetles, I learned that they were not even considered a serious pest in some parts of the country.

The radish and some others in that family can be killed by flea beetles here. Killed, or the next best thing to it . . . My tomatoes don't have much trouble with them, only some years.

The damage they cause has been described as leaves that look like they have been hit with birdshot! That's about right - tiny holes or pits.

Steve

mydogdory

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
When I first started researching flea beetles, I learned that they were not even considered a serious pest in some parts of the country.

The radish and some others in that family can be killed by flea beetles here. Killed, or the next best thing to it . . . My tomatoes don't have much trouble with them, only some years.

The damage they cause has been described as leaves that look like they have been hit with birdshot! That's about right - tiny holes or pits.

Steve

Yep. There are little holes. So should I bother with them?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There was a type of Bt bug killer that was used for beetles. I believe it is no longer sold. As best as I now understand, it was a genetically engineered bacteria. Yeah! People that thought Bt sprays were all "organic" were using a GMO.

That would include me . . . and, I was in a bit of a panic when I didn't find it on the shelves but it took me awhile to learn why. Spinosad works fine, however. It is a toxin made by some other kind of microbes.

It is a complicated world, unfortunately.

Steve

mydogdory

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
There was a type of Bt bug killer that was used for beetles. I believe it is no longer sold. As best as I now understand, it was a genetically engineered bacteria. Yeah! People that thought Bt sprays were all "organic" were using a GMO.

That would include me . . . and, I was in a bit of a panic when I didn't find it on the shelves but it took me awhile to learn why. Spinosad works fine, however. It is a toxin made by some other kind of microbes.

It is a complicated world, unfortunately.

Steve

Oh wow! Haha! I briefly asked my dad about it and he said something about some kind of dust.

mydogdory

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
So after that one there was another two. One of them was brown and one was green. My other tomato plants all have green :)

mydogdory

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I went out in the garden today and there was a baby tomato!!!!!

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 172

Latest posts